The Pop Kids 12" vinyl

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jdanicolaisen

The Pop Kids 12" vinyl

#1 Post by jdanicolaisen »

Anyone who has anything on the 12" vinyl announced officially to be released "later in march"??
I only wanted something else to do but hang around

TheGardner

Re: The Pop Kids 12" vinyl

#2 Post by TheGardner »

Nothings at the time!

robbie'o'

#3 Post by robbie'o' »

I know they said 'later in March' but I'm betting it will be a rsd release
if you can't always be good at least always be kind...

jdanicolaisen

#4 Post by jdanicolaisen »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll not be a Record Store Day release, since they are nearly impossible to get your hands on when living in Denmark. I managed to purchase "Love Life/A Powerful Friend" at a fair price by being in contact with a London record store before and right after Record Store Day that year ... but wasn't so lucky with Fluorescent, and it is now sold for over 50 £ online. Too pricey, I think.
I only wanted something else to do but hang around

TheGardner

#5 Post by TheGardner »

No no! It will be a proper PSB single vinyl! The question still is, what will be on it?

bookshopboy

#6 Post by bookshopboy »

Based on their latest PetText there'll most likely be "Remixes by MK, Offer Nissim and the Scene Kings"

NikacP0kac

#8 Post by NikacP0kac »

I hope these come as free download if you've purchased the single. I already shelled out 5$ just for two album songs (Inner Sanctum on Beatport and The Pop Kids on Juno).
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Disco.

#9 Post by Disco. »

Most likely, you will have to pay for them....

Tom Angel

#10 Post by Tom Angel »

The MK mixes will be as boring as discern you forgive her? remixes - effectively the start of their mostly unlistenable 'dance' remixes that deviated from the classic extended versions. Willing to give Offer Nissim and the Scene Kings chance, although i know nothing about either of them
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Dog

#11 Post by Dog »

Tom Angel wrote:The MK mixes will be as boring as discern you forgive her? remixes - effectively the start of their mostly unlistenable 'dance' remixes that deviated from the classic extended versions. Willing to give Offer Nissim and the Scene Kings chance, although i know nothing about either of them
MK's recent remixes and tracks are fantastic. It's a great choice.
Woof.

Tom Angel

Re: The Pop Kids 12

#12 Post by Tom Angel »

Dog wrote:
Tom Angel wrote:The MK mixes will be as boring as discern you forgive her? remixes - effectively the start of their mostly unlistenable 'dance' remixes that deviated from the classic extended versions. Willing to give Offer Nissim and the Scene Kings chance, although i know nothing about either of them
MK's recent remixes and tracks are fantastic. It's a great choice.
Are they? Well, that's encouraging
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Oznerol

#13 Post by Oznerol »

NikacP0kac wrote:I hope these come as free download if you've purchased the single. I already shelled out 5$ just for two album songs (Inner Sanctum on Beatport and The Pop Kids on Juno).
If they´re not included as bonus stuff when buying other realease, nor on any download bundle of the single and just remain as DJ promotional stuff that means that you can download them for free if you find them around..no harm will be done if there is no other way to get them! :P ;) Am I wrong??
This is not my signature.

Disco.

#14 Post by Disco. »

If you don't like dance music, you won't like The Scene Kings or Offer Nissim.

NikacP0kac

#15 Post by NikacP0kac »

Disco. wrote:Most likely, you will have to pay for them....
I meant as in a LEGAL free download, like you put in the barcode from the CD package on some website and get the file for free?

Martin Gore of Depeche Mode fame did that for his MG EP, because he had a fan mix commissioned which meant it wouldn't be on any physical release, but you got it as a free download if you bought the 12" (and it was part of the digital bundle e.g. included in the price).

Another example is New Order's Music Complete extended mixes, it was a vinyl box but you also got the high quality 96/24 downloads, additionally and for free (no extra expense), by entering a code of some sorts on the official shop site.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant