Pop Kids - tracklisting from OS

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
HappySad32

Re: Pop Kids - tracklisting from OS

#61 Post by HappySad32 »

nickname wrote:
Remark wrote:
HappySad32 wrote:
My favourite example of this is 'So hard'. Very understated, but very present. I liked the video for 'Together' and if they had been in it slightly more it would have been one of their best videos.
YES! I love Together and I completely agree...I wish they were in it more and that there was an extended version of the video telling more of the story, using the extended version of the track!
Maybe the whole story is going to be similar to the whole story of "Super", youth goes to old age (dark).

Electric (youth), Super (youth go to old age), third part of triology (old age). Maybe, it is.
It's the Vintage Youth trilogy! Nice idea.

FormerEnfantTerrible

#62 Post by FormerEnfantTerrible »

I would LOVE if they shoot any of their upcoming music videos on FILM! "The Pop Kids" needs a good one!
Did You See Me Coming?

Harry

#63 Post by Harry »

How come we are talking about a video? I haven't seen one mentioned anywhere.
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

moxlox

#64 Post by moxlox »

Remark wrote:
ZiggyPSB wrote:Watch as the video is virtually identical to Vocal.
The Vocal video was sadly (again) a waste of time and energy. The video could have been SO much better, like an updated version of the Was It Worth It? video. Let's hope that TPK isn't a similar failure to Vocal's video. The lyrics in the track demand a much more robust "full story"...
I absolutely loved the Vocal video! Thought it was really cool, and gets me dancing....though I concede that track does on its own; Vocal is just a damn cool track.
Circuses and Bread

retrofuturist

#65 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Dog wrote:I have A powerful friend (7" version) as my track four, my justification being it was the b side of the Love life 7". But I concede that isn't particularly likely.
Well... with "Format" they effectively acknowledged the diversity of formats, and the fact they don't necessary adhere to the traditional "B-side of an easily available single" concept.

In many ways, the very reason for the existence of Alternative and Format is to plug the gaps that won't be filled if you were to only buy the full albums.

As such, they may even be willing to toy with the idea that a limited edition Record Store Day release fits into the picture... possibly even both tracks, since neither appear elsewhere on Pet Shop Boys albums.

(I realise that's said more in hope than in actual likelihood, but it can't hurt to put the idea out there. You never know who might be listening... 8) )

Retro. :)

DJAMIX

#66 Post by DJAMIX »

The full story (Pop kids) <--> The full horror (Suburbia)
Interesting
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

TheMatrix

#67 Post by TheMatrix »

All this talk gets me excited about the new single.
Stay the course or change it up?

daveid

#68 Post by daveid »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
Dog wrote:I have A powerful friend (7" version) as my track four, my justification being it was the b side of the Love life 7". But I concede that isn't particularly likely.
Well... with "Format" they effectively acknowledged the diversity of formats, and the fact they don't necessary adhere to the traditional "B-side of an easily available single" concept.

In many ways, the very reason for the existence of Alternative and Format is to plug the gaps that won't be filled if you were to only buy the full albums.

As such, they may even be willing to toy with the idea that a limited edition Record Store Day release fits into the picture... possibly even both tracks, since neither appear elsewhere on Pet Shop Boys albums.

(I realise that's said more in hope than in actual likelihood, but it can't hurt to put the idea out there. You never know who might be listening... 8) )

Retro. :)
I would put both on if it were my choice. I doubt they'd put either on. More likely they'd wait for a Release ReRelease. They're normally pretty strict with what they deem b sides.

I'm still really narked that Sail away was absent from Format and NTFT was included!

Paulo

#69 Post by Paulo »

Have the track times been mentioned yet? (apologies if they have)

Taken from Google Play:

The Pop Kids (Radio Edit) 3:39
In Bits 3:32
One-Hit Wonder 3:20
The Pop Kids (PSB Deep Dub) 5:18
The Pop Kids (The Full Story) 5:11

Remark

#70 Post by Remark »

Paulo wrote: The Pop Kids (PSB Deep Dub) 5:18
The Pop Kids (The Full Story) 5:11
Ugh, only 5 minutes?! I want a "full story" like the "full horror"...give us 8 minutes please! And a 5 minute dub is also annoying. We need something meatier. *sigh* Here's to hoping for a proper extended mix (how about that Stuart Price Hoax mix?) :wall: :roll:

Luke Colorado

#71 Post by Luke Colorado »

What's the point of edited (shortened) remixes in the digital age, ESPECIALLY when you're a cult band like PSB? I don't get it.

If a DJ wants to mix out of it, they'll mix out. If the listener is bored they'll skip it.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

leesmapman

#72 Post by leesmapman »

3:20 for one hit wonder, the version on the Youtube show was 1:20.

glennjridge

#73 Post by glennjridge »

Article about kanye west says he lost 10 million dollars due to illegal downloads of his new album because he was supposed to make it available by a certain date and he didnt so the fans just went and found it on torrent sites and illegally downloaded it. The psb arent kanye west...but still...the albums done...all the sites like i-tunes have to do is be given The go ahead to slot the tracks in.
Why lose any unnecessary sales to illegal downloading ...just release it already.

Luke Colorado

#74 Post by Luke Colorado »

Every time a dollar is stolen from Kanye an angel gets its wings.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

jamie1978

#75 Post by jamie1978 »

glennjridge wrote:Article about kanye west says he lost 10 million dollars
yes but the problem is this is pure BS and assumes that everyone who listened illegally would be able and willing to pay full price for the whole album...which is rather unlikely