M.net Music Awards

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
bohemians.

Re: M.net Music Awards

#76 Post by bohemians. » Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:09 pm

....most interesting that Neil even looked like he enjoyed himself very well...next some ordinary looking asian girls /specially the one on his left, who seemed to have some problems with her hair extencion durin WHAT HAVE I DONNE TO DESERVE THIS, Neil even looked at her...??????
No, I don t even wish to watch such sort of performances.
I only hope they will not bring them on their new tour 2016.
btw Neil looks so well, so shinning.

Pod

#77 Post by Pod » Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:47 pm

bohemians. wrote:btw Neil looks so well, so shinning.
Sweaty, I'd call it!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Old Soak

#78 Post by Old Soak » Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

At the end of the day was it really that bad? We got a PSB performance, the first in months. We got an untapped Asian market to notice the boys, many who wouldn't be aware of them. We got new, truncated versions of some hits, not remixed no, but different. Two of those versions were unique collaborations. Christ, I'm over the moon about it. It might not have been their most groundbreaking ever show but it was an efficient foot in the door.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

minimal

#79 Post by minimal » Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:06 pm

I'm sorry but at least to me it doesn't look as if Neil was enjoying himself. It was more like "oh gosh, what am I doing here? I'll just smile and clap hands until it's over". He looked completely out of place. He didn't know how to act, how to move, what to do especially when the collaboration started. I don't want to see that and indeed I don't have to. I won't ever watch that again and I will hopefully forget about that utterly embarrassing performance any time soon.

m+

minimal

#80 Post by minimal » Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:14 pm

P.S.: I don't really 'get' the PSB these days anymore, I guess. They are a critically acclaimed pop duo. They do have their own label. In fact, they could do whatever they want to do, e.g. team up with some fine indie artists and do some really new and interesting stuff. They could produce some interesting songs - either their own or from someone else. They could do some exciting remixes. They could some talented people produce some really great video clips for their new singles and songs. Instead, they don't do anything mentioned above. Maybe in the end they're too much pop to bother. But they don't seem to notice that they end up doing some really ridicullous stuff ... crappy video clips, embarrassing new year's eve performances in Berlin, ridiculous performances for whatever crappy awards to name but a few ...

It's kind of a miracle that, considering the facts, Electric turned out to be that great and experimental. However, they destroy it all by letting Price produce two additional records. Why? Aren't there any other creative people out there? Don't get me wrong.. it could be worse. But if Price produces three records you will hear that every record is produces by Price and I don't really know whether or not I'm really looking forward to that ...

PSB-90

#81 Post by PSB-90 » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 12:48 am

I generally don't really like these types of events, and this one doesn't sound great TBH, however my beef is that if they hadn't been there they would almost certainly have been at the last night of Closer to Heaven, I seem to keep missing out on these things doh! (BTW I overheard one of the cast say that Neil had left money behind the bar for the aftershow drinks :clap: )
Last edited by PSB-90 on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Pat

#82 Post by DJ Pat » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:15 am

It was clearly for the money, what else? For the pure enjoyment? I doubt this will entice any new fans whatsoever. (whoever thought this needs their brains examined)

And anyway MAMA already have the Asian market well sewn up

Disco.

#83 Post by Disco. » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

They don't need the money, they turned up for the award.

jamie1978

#84 Post by jamie1978 » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:05 am

i do wonder how tenuous the grip on reality is of some of the posters above

the PSB's are given entirely free mass publicity on the most famous music award ceremony in Asia, along with an actual award...and people are wondering why they would bother

it would be like not bothering to turn up for a Brit award - the more appropriate question would be, why the hell wouldn't they turn up? what possible reason would they have for turning down free mass publicity in the most important emerging market in the world?

Niall

#85 Post by Niall » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 2:40 pm

PopArt wrote:It all felt a little bit random to me. I guess it was an opportunity to reach out to the Asian market. But beyond that I struggle to see what the point was.
Money?
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

Niall

#86 Post by Niall » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

nickname wrote:Do you expect PSB are going to increase their sales of the new album because of MAMA?.

I don't think so.
They won't sell fewer records in Asia because of it.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

Nickname

#87 Post by Nickname » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 6:03 pm

Niall wrote:
nickname wrote:Do you expect PSB are going to increase their sales of the new album because of MAMA?.

I don't think so.
They won't sell fewer records in Asia because of it.
Hehehe, I think it was a good thing to go there and have a big exposure but the problem is they are not going to notice a big improvement of sales in Asia because of that, I think so.

"Elysium" didn't sell many more copies because of MASSIVE exposure in the ceremony of the Olypmpics.

DJ Pat

#88 Post by DJ Pat » Wed 09 Dec 2015, 6:49 pm

I think they should have made the hits medley sound a lot more modern.

As they played ''Vocal'' amongst that medley, why not beef up the old hits and make them more electronic sounding, in the vein of Electric?

I know it was a brief medley but it would have no harm to techno it all up a bit, take the crowd by surprise with a big sound.
Then you don't get members of a forum complaining, saying ''That yet again?'' ''Is that it?'' ''Why didn't they........''

romy

#89 Post by romy » Tue 15 Oct 2019, 2:53 pm

Someone.of.you.noticed,that one of.the girls,they performed with,died last day?

leesmapman

#90 Post by leesmapman » Tue 15 Oct 2019, 3:53 pm

She left the band in august 2015. That's before they performed with PSB.