Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jalalienation

Re: Reissues project

#1486 Post by jalalienation »

This is such a mess.

I'm so mad over the lack of Little Black Dress.
Will I always need you?
Would you want me to?

Dog

#1487 Post by Dog »

jalalienation wrote:This is such a mess.

Get a grip.
Woof.

jalalienation

#1488 Post by jalalienation »

:( sorry
Will I always need you?
Would you want me to?

bookshopboy

#1489 Post by bookshopboy »

jalalienation wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:19 am This is such a mess.

What a ridiculous statement to make. The song has been online for years and isn't very good. I'm happy to have all these unheard tracks to be honest.

joeythecat

#1490 Post by joeythecat »

"Alone Again, Naturally" is a slightly different mix than the one featured on the promo compilation. The verse sung about 1:40-1:55 features Elton in the background, while the original was just Neil. Other slight variations are also apparent. And yes, the version of "Love Life" on Release is missing the spoken word part at 2:40.

NikacP0kac

#1491 Post by NikacP0kac »

I'm mad about the stupid Last.fm not recognizing the gem that is the extended mix of SEB - so it scrobbles as if I'm listening to the normal shorter version.

I'm slightly OCD but this is really a big deal.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

PSBee

#1492 Post by PSBee »

I'm mad that my order still says processed and they haven't arrived yet, they've had my money for at least 6 weeks and they have not responded to my email.

Effen Vida

#1493 Post by Effen Vida »

Yeah well I'm still mad that in the booklet for Very Neil neglects to discuss how it felt singing "bums" five times during The Theatre. I feel all your pains.

Future Lover

#1494 Post by Future Lover »

NikacP0kac wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 11:36 am I'm mad about the stupid Last.fm not recognizing the gem that is the extended mix of SEB - so it scrobbles as if I'm listening to the normal shorter version.

I'm slightly OCD but this is really a big deal.
I believe the best thing to do is simply forget about last.fm. It's never gonna be everything we wanted to be. I did that ages ago, and now there's no more nuisances like that! :D

drunk14

#1495 Post by drunk14 »

All the stuff I've been reading through recently, here and elsewhere, suggest me that this so called "Catalogue" project is completed as a form of punishment. The band want to tick it off and forget. I believe there great songs from 99-2007 which are still under construction and they will see the daylight sooner or later.

The only valuable bonus track is "Dancing in the Dust". Really enchanting in contrast to the sonic mess in disguise of "Playing in the Street" or "Kazak".
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Pod

#1496 Post by Pod »

I'm really cheesed off the booklet isn't made of parchment and the cd cases aren't laced with gold leaf. I'm also annoyed there aren't more remixes with 2 seconds more material on them because I need that in my life right now. I also need an alternative version with a millisecond more backing vocal otherwise these just aren't worth buying....
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

tottenhammattspurs

#1497 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Mine finally arrived today. Nightlife seems to be a strange collection overall. Je'Taime missing, some Closer To Heaven tracks included but not others, You've got to start somewhere and Only Love missing completely, the 7" of New York city boy absent.
is is and isnt isnt

Pod

#1498 Post by Pod »

bookshopboy wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:34 am
jalalienation wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:19 am This is such a mess.

What a ridiculous statement to make. The song has been online for years and isn't very good. I'm happy to have all these unheard tracks to be honest.
Correct answer! :up:
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Disco.

#1499 Post by Disco. »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 2:40 pm Mine finally arrived today. Nightlife seems to be a strange collection overall. Je'Taime missing, some Closer To Heaven tracks included but not others, You've got to start somewhere and Only Love missing completely, the 7" of New York city boy absent.
The reason for Je'Taime missing, is that they don't consider it a PSB track, but a Sam Taylor Wood one.

scousepsbfan

#1500 Post by scousepsbfan »

I'm a little obsessed with Kazak. It would look great over the video for Together. Love these reissues. I can't understand the moaning of some people because some tracks are missing. We're getting a lot more original output than most groups offer, regardless of quality. Little black dress could well be missing because of copyright issues with the T-Rex sample and as for some of the other 'missing' tracks, bear in mind the box actually states 'contains tracks of master quality'. There's the clue...
Fight for love or love to fight......