Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Palpatine

Re: Reissues project

#1366 Post by Palpatine » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:53 pm

daveid wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:37 pm
Why was the PSB extension relegated to obscure US and AUS bside? Is it crap?
IIRC the US I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more CD single was released much later than the UK ones. Maybe it was included to give fans an extra reason to buy it, or maybe it wasn't finished in time to include on the UK single. It's actually not that bad.

daveid

#1367 Post by daveid » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm

Palpatine wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:53 pm
daveid wrote:

IIRC the US I don't know what you want but I can't give it any more CD single was released much later than the UK ones. Maybe it was included to give fans an extra reason to buy it, or maybe it wasn't finished in time to include on the UK single. It's actually not that bad.
That makes sense. Cheers

morgan1098

#1368 Post by morgan1098 » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:37 pm

:( Just got this from Pledgemusic:

Thank you for your Pet Shop Boys pre-orders.

While we received all of the vinyl from the warehouse and they have been shipped, there was a small delay with some of the CDs which are expected at the fulfilment house by tomorrow, release day.

These will be sent out as soon as it's possible to pack and ship and we hope you will receive them in the next 5 working days. For overseas orders it will take a little longer.

We hope you can bear with us while fulfilment do everything they can to get these out to you as soon as they possibly can.

Thank you for your patience.

PledgeMusic

telys

#1369 Post by telys » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:55 pm

morgan1098 wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:37 pm

While we received all of the vinyl from the warehouse and they have been shipped, there was a small delay with some of the CDs which are expected at the fulfilment house by tomorrow, release day.

These will be sent out as soon as it's possible to pack and ship and we hope you will receive them in the next 5 working days. For overseas orders it will take a little longer.

We hope you can bear with us while fulfilment do everything they can to get these out to you as soon as they possibly can.

PledgeMusic
Got the same message. It feels extremely bad. But I'll wait until some time mid-august then....

telys

#1370 Post by telys » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm

drunk wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm
The track list of the US release if anyone's interested. Apologies for crap photo
That's a really good maxi-single. Got that on import back in the day.

zazou173

#1371 Post by zazou173 » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

morgan1098 wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:37 pm

PledgeMusic
Pledge is very much a "buyer beware" experience. I've had some good experiences there, and I have actually received an item or two from them before street date in the past, but there are a lot of horror stories. I almost ordered the bundle from Pledge but ended up going with Amazon US, even though the prices never came down on Amazon as a number of people predicted they would (and Pledge jacked the bundle price up by $5 in the last couple of weeks). I ultimately decided it was worth paying a little more to go with Amazon and be assured of delivery on release day.

morgan1098

#1372 Post by morgan1098 » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm

zazou173 wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

Pledge is very much a "buyer beware" experience. I've had some good experiences there, and I have actually received an item or two from them before street date in the past, but there are a lot of horror stories. I almost ordered the bundle from Pledge but ended up going with Amazon US, even though the prices never came down on Amazon as a number of people predicted they would (and Pledge jacked the bundle price up by $5 in the last couple of weeks). I ultimately decided it was worth paying a little more to go with Amazon and be assured of delivery on release day.
Smart move. I ordered the Pledge bundle before the price went up, but I'm obviously going to be waiting a while for it. Ugh. First world problems.

ElectriCity

#1373 Post by ElectriCity » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:34 pm

Reading the Fumdamental booklet, I've noticed that all the tracks numbers quoted in brackets are wrong, which makes me think that they've made some different track listing at the time the booklet was conceived. They even mention a Psychological version with no vocal as CD2 track 1 which is in fact Fugitive. Not so important mistakes but ...

daveid

#1374 Post by daveid » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 11:11 pm

ElectriCity wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:34 pm
Reading the Fumdamental booklet, I've noticed that all the tracks numbers quoted in brackets are wrong, which makes me think that they've made some different track listing at the time the booklet was conceived. They even mention a Psychological version with no vocal as CD2 track 1 which is in fact Fugitive. Not so important mistakes but ...
I was wondering how little time it would take for mistakes to be found. There will probably be enough for an entire thread. I suppose the Nightlife booklet has the lyrics and discussion for Little black dress. ..

morgan1098

#1376 Post by morgan1098 » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 11:30 pm

ElectriCity wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 10:34 pm
Those are pretty significant mistakes! I wonder if the booklets correspond to the early track lists that were posted by those Eastern Europe web sites?

One of the crowd

#1377 Post by One of the crowd » Thu 27 Jul 2017, 11:48 pm

I went into iTunes store, changed the country to Australia ( as they're way ahead timewise) and listened to some samples there!
Fishing

BoyStrange

#1378 Post by BoyStrange » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 12:01 am

The reissues are out on Spotify now, but all the new tracks are unavailable, naturally.

Paulo

#1379 Post by Paulo » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 12:02 am

Palpatine wrote:
Thu 27 Jul 2017, 4:53 pm
daveid wrote:
If i remember correctly the CD single was released here in Aus at the same time as the UK (or very close to). The US single was released quite a bit later.

My take on this (and it's pure speculation) is

PSB were insanely popular here in Aus in 93/94. Go West went top 10 (unheard of for PSB in Aus), Ab Fab went No 2, Very went to No 1 and they toured here for the first time.

They lost that popularity big time with Bilingual, although SAVE was still popular.

I wonder if EMI Aus asked PSB for an exclusive mix to try and boost their popularity here again.

No idea if it's true, just my take on it at the time. We'd never had an exclusive track before.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the Reissues. I still haven't had a chance to listen to mine and I'm going away this weekend :cry:
Last edited by Paulo on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paulo

#1380 Post by Paulo » Fri 28 Jul 2017, 12:03 am

BoyStrange wrote:
Fri 28 Jul 2017, 12:01 am
The reissues are out on Spotify now, but all the new tracks are unavailable, naturally.
Same as Google Play Music :x