Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
daveid

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

#421 Post by daveid »

Drico One wrote: Sun 12 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm Love Life is just proof that even genius songwriters occasionally produce utter rubbish.

They've used RSD like a toilet, something to flush waste product out of their system.

Drico.
Love life is OK but the Fluorescent mix/es was/were crap. Hopefully they'll eschew RSD from now on and just release vinyl on their own terms as and when

ZiggyPSB

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

#422 Post by ZiggyPSB »

People who go to record stores don't need a Record Store Day to remind them they exist. You're getting your people, they just all don't turn up on the same day, but they will visit more than once a year.

I'd like some in depth research into RSD items on a year-by-year basis, comparing the money all the record stores in the UK made on one specific RSD, with the money made from eBay sellers from that year's releases (taking into account how soon the items were listed).

Of course, on RSD, the record stores won't care what happens to the releases once it leaves the store. They got their money. They won't care that one person who came into their store would make more than them.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

joeythecat

#423 Post by joeythecat »

A band worth it's salt can just release a product in a limited amount and get the same effect. RSD was an interesting concept during the financial crisis and while no one bought vinyl, but now, it does not really serve much of a purpose. I'm sure it is good for ebay though.

E-Mail Vampire

#424 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Seriously, there must be news coming soon unless it's been pushed back to May.

Disco.

#425 Post by Disco. »

Can't see it being released in April.

PopArt

#426 Post by PopArt »

Yes, given the lack of news I guess it's being put back. Maybe we will get something in May/June time now. I imagine the Boys don't have a lot of control over the release date given that it is released by Parlophone and they are no longer contracted to them. I just hope they release a boxset at the same time as the five reissues.
I'm always waiting...

Gary1962

#427 Post by Gary1962 »

At the very least you would have thought we would have had a track listing for these re-issues by now would n't you?
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

drunk14

#428 Post by drunk14 »

Perhaps Neil mixed it up. You can laugh at me or hate me for this comment, but eventually he is 62 and at this age people sometimes forget about things or distort them. We are eager for news, impatient, so that's where our frustration comes from :)
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

minimal

#429 Post by minimal »

These reissues as well as releasing Discovery and It couldn't happen here on DVD have sort of become a running joke, haven't they?

m+

Ghost within this house

#430 Post by Ghost within this house »

drunk14 wrote: Mon 20 Mar 2017, 11:42 am Perhaps Neil mixed it up. You can laugh at me or hate me for this comment, but eventually he is 62 and at this age people sometimes forget about things or distort them. We are eager for news, impatient, so that's where our frustration comes from :)
These days, 'release' probably describes an entire process, from announcement - tracklisting - pre-promotion - right up to actual digital/physical release.

As such, Neil's throwaway comment probably means: 'we are announcing the release in April, and it will follow soon thereafter'
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Danimal

#431 Post by Danimal »

Remember the good old days of the 80s/90s when one didn't know the track list until one read it on the physical release in the brick and mortar retail location?

y3potential

#432 Post by y3potential »

Danimal wrote: Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm Remember the good old days of the 80s/90s when one didn't know the track list until one read it on the physical release in the brick and mortar retail location?

I remember those days...
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

tottenhammattspurs

#433 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

y3potential wrote: Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:36 pm
Danimal wrote: Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm Remember the good old days of the 80s/90s when one didn't know the track list until one read it on the physical release in the brick and mortar retail location?

I remember those days...
Or rang the premium rate Pet Shop Boys Information line.....
is is and isnt isnt

Pod

#434 Post by Pod »

Blimey I remember that.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Danimal

#435 Post by Danimal »

At this point I don't seeing them announcing these reissues until they're past the Undertow release, so perhaps a May announcement with a Summer release to coincide with their festival dates then?