Electric Show on DVD..???

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: Electric Show on DVD..???

#31 Post by Dog »

There's still a chance, I would say.
Woof.

Riikka

#32 Post by Riikka »

rollo wrote:
Boring90 wrote:Very disappointed this hasn't been released yet. Also, why no special edition of 'Electric'?
Isn't the original album special enough as it is? :shock:
There are no instrumental versions. And those for the Electric tracks are among their best!!

Riikka

#33 Post by Riikka »

PETHEAD72 wrote:Just burn it off youtube,job done.
That doesn't make it an official release. :down:

Spittingcat

#34 Post by Spittingcat »

Such a shame this never happened.

daveid

#35 Post by daveid »

Well, thanks for this.

In a similar vein I'd like to resurrect an earlier thread of this forum from 1987 and say what a shame that One More Chance wasn't released as a single.

Go away all you ancient thread bumpers.

Apply for an archaeology course.

Greendrake

#36 Post by Greendrake »

daveid wrote:
Sat 25 Jul 2020, 11:07 pm
Go away all you forum thread ageists to the likes of Twitter to follow their herdy trends and trendy flocks.

Here we will keep bringing threads to the top whenever we have something to say in them, regardless of when they were last time in sight.

Sage

#37 Post by Sage »

They took our feedback and produced the Inner Sanctum DVD to fill this demand.
They can't retroactively go back and record a performance from the Electric tour. What's the point in complaining about it now.
I can understand wanting to discuss the Electric Tour, sharing opinions about it, but saying it's a pity there was no DVD without providing anything else is just pointless. (Unlike the pointy hats they wore for some parts of the tour)

If you're going to necropost, at least make it worthwhile...

The Inner Sanctum live DVD/Blu Ray featuring songs from Super and Electric can be purchased here: http://petshopboys.lnk.to/InnerSanctumDVDWE
Granted it's not exactly the same as Electric, it's the next best thing as far as official releases go.
Greendrake wrote:
Sun 26 Jul 2020, 12:40 am
daveid wrote:
Go away all you forum thread ageists to the likes of Twitter to follow their herdy trends and trendy flocks.

Here we will keep bringing threads to the top whenever we have something to say in them, regardless of when they were last time in sight.
This is basic internet forum etiquette, nothing to do with trendy social media.
https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Necropost
Been this way since at least the early 00's, before social media. It's a big faux pas.

Greendrake

#38 Post by Greendrake »

Sage wrote:
Sun 26 Jul 2020, 12:48 pm
Been this way since at least the early 00's, before social media. It's a big faux pas.
I've been on forums since 2000 and indeed have come across members who get annoyed when old threads get bumped up. Some of them have created that "etiquette" in attempt to educate the world what a forum is and how everyone should behave.

But I have never seen anything wrong or annoying with bumping old threads. That "etiquette" has meant to me nothing more than just yet another opinion.

The key feature of an internet forum is that discussions neither need to happen in real time, nor just only one (or a few) topics need to be in the centre of everyone's attention at any given moment. Someone posts a message. Everyone can see it at any time. If someone has something to add they do so — the next hour, week, year or decade. Threads may be active or not but they never die: they're always there for you search, dig out, go through and add to if you have anything.

I think that discontent with bumping old threads that some members have stems from their perception of an internet forum alike a real venue where people gather and chat. It would indeed be a big faux pas to barge in there and push everyone's attention into something that they sort of lost interest in long ago. For some reason they fail to see that internet forums are not mere replacements for real venues. They are much more than that — living history of discussions any of which can be got back to at any time. If you're not interested in an old thread just don't open it again but please do not complain about it being on the top again — just because there are other members who are interested in it now, and the forum is as much theirs as yours and so you have just no more moral rights to tell them what to be interested in as they do so towards you.

Boring90

#39 Post by Boring90 »

Spittingcat wrote:
Sat 25 Jul 2020, 10:50 pm
Such a shame this never happened.
Agreed. I'm hoping at some point they will release a proper reissue series that will include live shows like this.

Bring on the Super Deluxe Editions.
Las Vegas 1999

spooky

#40 Post by spooky »

Greendrake wrote:
Sun 26 Jul 2020, 1:52 pm
Sage wrote:
Sun 26 Jul 2020, 12:48 pm
I've been on forums since 2000 and indeed have come across members who get annoyed when old threads get bumped up. Some of them have created that "etiquette" in attempt to educate the world what a forum is and how everyone should behave.

But I have never seen anything wrong or annoying with bumping old threads. That "etiquette" has meant to me nothing more than just yet another opinion.
i’m wondering if the same people that like to use the words “forum etiquette”, also are the same people who complain about new forum members not using the search feature before starting a new thread? 🤔😝

leesmapman

#41 Post by leesmapman »

The coachella broadcast comes close to an official release

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

Spittingcat

#42 Post by Spittingcat »

Apologies, someone posted a nice little video clip here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35819

And when searching for more, I came across this thread. Sorry if I ruined anyone’s day by posting my thoughts here.

daveid

#43 Post by daveid »

Sorry, was being a bit of a knob there. Got drunk last night

tottenhammattspurs

#44 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

daveid wrote:
Well, thanks for this.

In a similar vein I'd like to resurrect an earlier thread of this forum from 1987 and say what a shame that One More Chance wasn't released as a single.

Apply for an archaeology course.
You do realise that I am now going to find the oldest thread and bump it up don’t you?
is is and isnt isnt

It can be two things

#45 Post by It can be two things »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:
Sun 11 Jan 2015, 4:21 pm
Surely if funding is an issue, then a pledgemusic release could be possible?
But if PSB do a pledgemusic release, they turn into the kind of band that does pledgemusic releases. And do they want to be that kind of band? (He says five years later... although the question remains.)