PSB live feed from Coachella

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Re: PSB live feed from Coachella

#76 Post by Nickname »

Tom Angel wrote:I get excited is also a mistake. And Chris' absence from Love . etc is also a bit crap - it's basically PSB karaoke with Neil .

Don't get me wrong, it would only take SLIGHT modifications to make this Electric properly KICK arse.
I think PSB need to put more money on it. It's like watching a Karaoke.

Tom Angel

#77 Post by Tom Angel »

nickname wrote:
Tom Angel wrote:I get excited is also a mistake. And Chris' absence from Love . etc is also a bit crap - it's basically PSB karaoke with Neil .

Don't get me wrong, it would only take SLIGHT modifications to make this Electric properly KICK arse.
erm, I just did mention that….
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

joeythecat

#78 Post by joeythecat »

Yes, Left to My Own Devices, The Last to Die, and Heart and What Have I Done To Deserve This? (with a special live guest) would be great if they change things up for the next concert. This broadcast was great though, good camera work, and Neil was on and Chris was his enigmatic self. Chris does a lot of sound manipulation through the show, however as it is live and relies on a lot of pre-programmed material it is more difficult to tell what is actually live. However, if he did a really crap job it would be obvious. His job is difficult that way and the "live" aspect really falls on Neil singing. They make it look easy. Coachella really is a very important gig especially in America because so many people see it besides the usual fans.

Nickname

#79 Post by Nickname »

Tom Angel wrote:
nickname wrote:

erm, I just did mention that….
Yes you did and I'm agree.

Nickname

#80 Post by Nickname »

Last night

We had an exciting first night at Coachella. Drove through a sandstorm to get there and had to adapt the production because of high winds and sand and dust in the air on site. But the great audience made it worthwhile. Back next Saturday! Neil x

leesmapman

#81 Post by leesmapman »

Tom Angel wrote:And Chris' absence from Love . etc is also a bit crap - it's basically PSB karaoke with Neil .
I'm pretty sure Chris was supposed to be there.

Suburban_Boy

#82 Post by Suburban_Boy »

I asked Pete Gleadall about Chris's absence during Love Etc., asking if he missed his queue, wardrobe malfunction etc. He responded "no hat & glasses", then jokingly sent another message with #wardrobemalfunction :) Must have been an interesting moment to have been backstage.

seriously

#83 Post by seriously »

RadioPunchBoil: The Future is 1982

fluffmoln

#84 Post by fluffmoln »

Every time I get to I'm Not Scared watching these shows I get this tingly, happy feeling. Most surely one of their most amazing intros to a live song rendition, certainly up there in the pantheon with the intro to the Performance version of This must be the place I waited years to leave, and like every time West End Girls is played. Pure class.

NikacP0kac

#85 Post by NikacP0kac »

fluffmoln wrote:Every time I get to I'm Not Scared watching these shows I get this tingly, happy feeling. Most surely one of their most amazing intros to a live song rendition, certainly up there in the pantheon with the intro to the Performance version of This must be the place I waited years to leave, and like every time West End Girls is played. Pure class.
Exactly, the drums kicking in is the best part. And the silhouette of the skull dancing on the screen + those effing lasers makes it epic. I got that feeling just from watching it, imagine how I would be if I attended the concert. :mrgreen:
For me this song has always had that something missing and this live version beefs it up just enough to make it a proper banger.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Luke Colorado

#86 Post by Luke Colorado »

I love INS and Florescent, but neither are suited for Coachella.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

NikacP0kac

#87 Post by NikacP0kac »

Hope there are some setlist changes and that there's a stream once again the coming weekend.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

bohemians.

#88 Post by bohemians. »

I get exited is not a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I still imagine Chris was down on his knees in front of Neil during Love etc...ok joke,he simply needed to go to toilet,but dont mention "karaoke" :roll:

Sage

#89 Post by Sage »

Looking forward to the next performance.
In case anyone didn't know, it's the same time as last week but a day earlier.
So 4:30PM for VIC, Australia, and 7:30AM for the UK. (Saturday)

Suburban_Boy

#90 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Will the 2nd show be streamed for free also? Seems the 2nd weekend is being broadcast by http://www.axs.tv and not Youtube.