Vocal, Construct & Thursday 12"s released on 9 Dec. 2013

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
DYSMC2009

Re: Vocal, Construct & Thursday 12"s released on 9 Dec. 2013

#61 Post by DYSMC2009 »

I received an email stating that my Construct was being sent separately to the US, when I had requested them all together.

This has me concerned that I may not get Vocal or Thursday at all, since these are limited quantities. If Amazon already received their allotment of a limited edition vinyl, will they be getting any more? I may just have to return Construct and give up on collecting PSB if their label cannot be bothered to correctly inform amazon of quantities they are to receive.

DYSMC2009

#62 Post by DYSMC2009 »

I received emails from amazon.co.uk indicating both Vocal and Thursday were dispatched separately last night (or yesterday, as it may be, in the UK).

BugBoy

#63 Post by BugBoy »

Mine all arrived in one box, packaged individually inside.
I Like Release!

Bruno Republic

#64 Post by Bruno Republic »

I got notices that all three have been sent. Each one a day apart. Amazon works in mysterious ways (though I do enjoy their attention to detail regarding regional differences: amazon.ca tells me my items have been shipped, while amazon.co.uk tells me they've been dispatched).

Izione

#65 Post by Izione »

BugBoy wrote:Mine all arrived in one box, packaged individually inside.
Same here from Amazon. All shrink wrapped apart from the Thursday 12"
http://www.realizationmusic.co.uk
@realizationmsc

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.”

tottenhammattspurs

#66 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

It makes Thursday look like the runt of the litter doesn't it? I can't see why that couldn't be a double 12" too. It's not like the 12" sales are going to catapult it into the top 40
is is and isnt isnt

retrofuturist

#67 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
tottenhammattspurs wrote:It makes Thursday look like the runt of the litter doesn't it? I can't see why that couldn't be a double 12" too. It's not like the 12" sales are going to catapult it into the top 40
The best reason I can think of is if the original intention was to get the 12" singles released on the same day as Thursday.

Retro. :)

PoloPony

#68 Post by PoloPony »

Damn, I have no idea if I had preordered any of these!

moxlox

#69 Post by moxlox »

Mine's arrived and the sleeves look great, especially Love is a Bourgeois Construct.

However the pressing of the Claptone Remix on record 2 is all messed up with lots of distortion, and it briefly bleeds into the start of The Little Boots Dub. Anyone else got this problem on their's? I am sure its a pressing problem and must affect them all.

On a positive note the nice surprise is the the Dave Aude Extended Instrumental version, which is a gem. Why it wasn't on the CD I don't know. Its much better than the Dirty Dub Remix on the CD, and has some nice melodic breaks emphasising the Bourgeois tune. I really like this version.
Circuses and Bread

BugBoy

#70 Post by BugBoy »

[quote="moxlox"]However the pressing of the Claptone Remix on record 2 is all messed up with lots of distortion, and it briefly bleeds into the start of The Little Boots Dub. Anyone else got this problem on their's? I am sure its a pressing problem and must affect them all[.quote]

Mine plays fine, you must have a duff disc :?
Last edited by BugBoy on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Like Release!

boyjohn

#71 Post by boyjohn »

BugBoy wrote:
moxlox wrote:However the pressing of the Claptone Remix on record 2 is all messed up with lots of distortion, and it briefly bleeds into the start of The Little Boots Dub. Anyone else got this problem on their's? I am sure its a pressing problem and must affect them all.quote]

or you need a new stylus
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

moxlox

#72 Post by moxlox »

boyjohn wrote:
BugBoy wrote:
moxlox wrote:However the pressing of the Claptone Remix on record 2 is all messed up with lots of distortion, and it briefly bleeds into the start of The Little Boots Dub. Anyone else got this problem on their's? I am sure its a pressing problem and must affect them all.quote]

or you need a new stylus
Other records in the set all play fine. Good news that other's work and it's not a pressing issue. I'll send mine back to exchange it. Cheers for feedback.
Circuses and Bread

df118junkie

#73 Post by df118junkie »

All mine have now arrived from Amazon (UK) in absolutely pristine condition. The ones from the official store (which were dispatched earlier) have still not arrived. I really should send DHL an Xmas thankyou card (not).