Chris or Neil's Net Worth?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Disco.

Re: Chris or Neil's Net Worth?

#76 Post by Disco. » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:25 am

And when they played Coachella, for the two concerts they were paid 700,000 $.

Danny C

#77 Post by Danny C » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:47 pm

They probably trousered a small fortune supporting Take That too. Take That themselves picked up about £75m before tax.

geowayne

#78 Post by geowayne » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 3:42 pm

Disco. wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 1:25 am
And when they played Coachella, for the two concerts they were paid 700,000 $.
We shouldn't forget, however, that out of the money they're paid for such shows, they also (if I'm not mistaken) have to pay many of the associated expenses themselves, such as support musicians, road crew, and any technical support that's specific to them. After such expenses -- not to mention taxes -- I'm sure their net take is significantly reduced.

Disco.

#79 Post by Disco. » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 9:52 pm

Sure, my point is they make a lot of money from touring.

y3potential

#80 Post by y3potential » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 10:37 pm

Disco. wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 9:52 pm
They may well generate a big amount, but as geowayne points out, I assume they will have many outgoings from that figure now they don't have EMI/Parlophone behind them. From that $700.00, they may well have to finance the entourage including all expenses (and payment) for backing band, tour crew, management ect. Factor in Tax, insurance and that figure starts to reduce rapidly.. Unless they have secured a deal where all other touring band and staff are paid separately by promoters, their touring income will be significantly decreased once all these expenses are accounted for. Just an assumption from me, of course..
Do you know the difference between the two genders..?

Disco.

#81 Post by Disco. » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm

This was only a couple of concerts, they make millions and millions from touring, the Fundamental tour alone was over 100 concerts. No matter how you look at it, they make a ton of money from touring merchandise etc.

geowayne

#82 Post by geowayne » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:42 pm

Disco. wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm
This was only a couple of concerts, they make millions and millions from touring, the Fundamental tour alone was over 100 concerts. No matter how you look at it, they make a ton of money from touring merchandise etc.
Yes, I believe touring is how they make *most* of their money these days, which is why they do so much of it now. The music industry has changed tremendously since the 1980s. Back then, continuing up through the 1990s, artists made most of their money from royalties on record sales and songwriting. But the internet and the advent of digital music has changed all that. Now artists generate comparatively little money from sales and songwriting. Live performances are where the money is now. The Boys wouldn't do it if it weren't profitable.

But, that being said, I don't think it's HUGELY profitable for them. I really don't think they turn a *profit* of "millions and millions from touring." They aren't hundred-millionaires. After their considerable expenses, I'd be surprised if they each take home more than a million per tour. To be honest, I suspect it's less. But I don't know. It's only a guess. I really admit to that. When you get right down to it, unless they were to come right out and say something about it in public, only their accountants would know for sure.

rabagast

#83 Post by rabagast » Sun 22 Oct 2017, 5:11 am

y3potential wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 10:37 pm
Disco. wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 9:52 pm
They may well generate a big amount, but as geowayne points out, I assume they will have many outgoings from that figure now they don't have EMI/Parlophone behind them. From that $700.00, they may well have to finance the entourage including all expenses (and payment) for backing band, tour crew, management ect. ..
EMI/Parlophone were never involved in financing the live shows. That have solely been their own responsibility. Their contract with EMI was purely a recording deal. (The so-called 360 deals are quite a new invention, Meaning the label finance the tour, but also control the income.) . Or course, with $200.000-400.000 income per show, it's still quite a surplus when all is paid out.

Disco.

#84 Post by Disco. » Sun 22 Oct 2017, 4:54 pm

geowayne wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:42 pm
Disco. wrote:
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm
Yes, I believe touring is how they make *most* of their money these days, which is why they do so much of it now. The music industry has changed tremendously since the 1980s. Back then, continuing up through the 1990s, artists made most of their money from royalties on record sales and songwriting. But the internet and the advent of digital music has changed all that. Now artists generate comparatively little money from sales and songwriting. Live performances are where the money is now. The Boys wouldn't do it if it weren't profitable.
S
But, that being said, I don't think it's HUGELY profitable for them. I really don't think they turn a *profit* of "millions and millions from touring." They aren't hundred-millionaires. After their considerable expenses, I'd be surprised if they each take home more than a million per tour. To be honest, I suspect it's less. But I don't know. It's only a guess. I really admit to that. When you get right down to it, unless they were to come right out and say something about it in public, only their accountants would know for sure.
So you are saying that the only made less than 10,000 $ pr concert for the Fundamental tour wich was over 100 concerts, I think that is way to low. They make a lot more money than you think Wayne.

When they did the Savoy shows back in 1997, they made a loss of 200,000 pounds, even though all the shows were sold out, they played two festivals, the Roskilde Festival in Denmark, and Turku in Finland
and that was enough to make them break even, from the loss from the Savoy Shows. Two festivals thats it ! And this was in 1997.

geowayne

#85 Post by geowayne » Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:05 pm

Disco. wrote:
Sun 22 Oct 2017, 4:54 pm
So you are saying that the only made less than 10,000 $ pr concert for the Fundamental tour wich was over 100 concerts….
I didn't say that at all. I didn't say what they *did* make. I only said what I *suspect* they make, and I readily concede I could be mistaken. But, when you get right down to it, after all the expenses, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't net (take home), on the average, much more than $10,000 each per concert, which isn't bad at all for a night's work.

Surely the figure varies widely from one show to another. I'm sure some shows pay a lot more than others.

Can we just leave it at this -- that we REALLY DON'T KNOW how much they earn? I simply offered what one website was reporting, which we can all simply take or leave. As for me, I don't take it as the gospel truth.

Thanks.

nervousboy

#86 Post by nervousboy » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:19 am

10,000 dollars take home per gig per night?
Thats about 5k

No. Ridiculous amount. It is actually more but lets just leave it there.
Ecah gig/tour is different with dif promoters paying for certain things so the total pay cheques if you wish differ between gig/tour/performance but if you think Chris will d a two hour stint for 5K it ain't gonna happen.

Shopper

#87 Post by Shopper » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

I guess they have always been very private of all matters financial. Even their wikipedia pages has hardly any info on album sales figures, concert ticket sales and grosses and stuff, to even wager a guess.

only artists like madonna, U2, Beyonce etc...make a guaranteed million bucks+ a night on their mega tours
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Neilatrone

#88 Post by Neilatrone » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm

Do I care....how much they are worth? Now there’s a title for a song.

Neilatrone

#89 Post by Neilatrone » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:51 pm

Neilatrone wrote:
Mon 23 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm
Do I care....how much they are worth? Now there’s a title for a song.
Or even better - “It’s none of my business, anyway.”

symco

#90 Post by symco » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:15 pm

They're never in the rich list that gets published so maybe not that much 😂😂