Entschuldigung (Vocal B-side for possible digital d/l only)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
daveid

Re: Entschuldigung (Vocal B-side for possible digital d/l on

#16 Post by daveid »

Thanks. Might be a German only b side.

Train travel is the essence of civilisation and asparagus is just a luxury bonus.

Hillbilly

#17 Post by Hillbilly »

Sehr interessant! I'd really like to hear this song.

West End Boy

#18 Post by West End Boy »

It's an instrumental with very few lyrics. They say "Entschuldigung! Ich nicht sprechen Deutsch", which is a gramatically incorrect way of saying "I'm sorry, I don't speak German"; spoken with a very heavy accent.
Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate.

daveid

#19 Post by daveid »

West End Boy wrote:It's an instrumental with very few lyrics. They say "Entschuldigung! Ich nicht sprechen Deutsch", which is a gramatically incorrect way of saying "I'm sorry, I don't speak German"; spoken with a very heavy accent.

Where did you hear this?

TheGardner

#20 Post by TheGardner »

Ghost within this house wrote:Samples? Where? Source?
I don't know the correct spelling/translation for the english word! But in German we say "zur Bemusterung".

We have a source -sitting in an "provide to samples" agency- who have access to the "digital stuff" which is on the way to the world download portals (iTunes/Amazon/etc.) where you can buy it after it's release. Each major country must have such an agency, which controls the copyrights, track/file-standards...etc...
He have to check the files/albums of it's accuracy, before it will be available for worldwide release (or German-wide release in this case).

Hope this helps a bit and maybe someone can give me the correct english spelling for that work/agency, which do the job in UK.

In the end "Entschuldigung" appeared there last Friday, so maybe it is to be under way for a "digital only" b-side release for vocal, or it is planned for the next single!
If you ask me, for the latter case, is a bit early to give it out to "provide to samples", because they have plenty of times to send it out in August/September!

As for the next release in August/September <- thats only a guess by me! But speaking from the past or history of PSB singles, my instincts say, there won't be a next single in October. It must be sooner - so I go for Aug/Sep. The single already is choosed, because I heard from several sources, it will be "Bourgeois Construct" (Neil said this several times after the gigs, our Kobalt contact also mentioned it in the past and then there were several circumstantial evidences, that Construct was planned as a first single in the Spring and remixes and probably b-sides already were finished before they started their South America tour in May).

retrofuturist

#21 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I agree that a 3rd single is likely sooner rather than later. The inane Parlophone 20th century method of needlessly spacing singles months apart is going to be slashed to pieces by the x2/Kobalt 21st century method of maximising return on investment by actually releasing a single while the album is still in (or near the vicinity of) the charts. Memory Of The Future as the 3rd single from Elysium, was so "after the event" as to be commercially pointless. We already know there's two edits of Bourgois Construct - that tells me that they're ready and on the ball to keep Elysium kicking around in the charts for as long as they can.

Retro. :)
Last edited by retrofuturist on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

rollo

#22 Post by rollo »

I think it's correct to say that Vocal is the first ever PSB single without a b-side, which I find rather upsetting...
Check out my new music blog...
http://musicforstowaways.wordpress.com/

Mr Love

#23 Post by Mr Love »

rollo wrote:I think it's correct to say that Vocal is the first ever PSB single without a b-side, which I find rather upsetting...
What about Axis?

rollo

#24 Post by rollo »

Oh, don't start that again! In this instance I meant full single package, OK?

joeythecat

#25 Post by joeythecat »

Well, One More Chance didn't have a b side, only a remix on the 12", same as Paninaro 12". So in essence they are going back to their roots. Integral didn't have a b-side either. But beside those anomalies, yeah, no b-side is a bit annoying.

retrofuturist

#26 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
joeythecat wrote:Well, One More Chance didn't have a b side, only a remix on the 12", same as Paninaro 12". So in essence they are going back to their roots. Integral didn't have a b-side either. But beside those anomalies, yeah, no b-side is a bit annoying.
Yeah, and whilst Paninaro 95 had "bonus tracks" in the form of In The Night and the live version of Girls & Boys, I'd be hard pressed to say it had any b-sides either...

Retro. :)

rollo

#27 Post by rollo »

I'm not convinced One More Chance had an a-side, did it? ;)

Paninaro was really a Suburbia offshoot; I think you can count Girls and Boys; and Integral wasn't really a fully promoted single in the traditional sense, but yes, I take your points! You could also call me out on Beautiful People.

I vaguely remember PSB referring to Paninaro 95 as a double b-side single (i.e. Paninaro / In the Night), but I may have made that up.

Anyway, nitpicking aside, Vocal is the first large-scale PSB single to only contain remixes. Good enough?

If anyone mentions How Can You Expect to Be Taken Seriously I'll hit them.

Or Break 4 Love.

daveid

#28 Post by daveid »

rollo wrote:I think it's correct to say that Vocal is the first ever PSB single without a b-side, which I find rather upsetting...
Unless - as the Gardner suggests - that Entschuldigung IS going to be a rush to release b side for a digital single of Vocal. With the new business model there's nothi g to stop them releasing a different download lackage after the physical single. Common in the 80s. How many versions of West End girls were released one after the other?

rollo

#29 Post by rollo »

OK, I'll shut up now... ;)