"VOCAL" (the video)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
303krs

Re: "VOCAL" (the video)

#46 Post by 303krs »

F..king BRILLIANT ! I mean the video AND the song.

In the mood for an electr(on)ic summer !

I wouldn't understand if "Vocal" weren't, at least, a club hit this summer.
"...Many roads will cross through many lives
but somehow you survive..."

loveetc

#47 Post by loveetc »

Corina wrote:Anyone else thinking they see (young) Neil and Chris in short flashes in the video? Someone on fb is just saying the same.
Guy in sunglasses and hat in at about 40s could be Chris Lowe?

Palpatine

#48 Post by Palpatine »

FormerEnfantTerrible wrote:I wouldn't mind not watching that video again...
Tries to be Bruce Weber but doesn't quite reach there.
Of course it's nowhere near as good as the video for Being Boring, but (and I know I'll get flamed for this) I like it better than the clips for Se a vida e and I get along.

Corina

#49 Post by Corina »

loveetc wrote:
Corina wrote:Anyone else thinking they see (young) Neil and Chris in short flashes in the video? Someone on fb is just saying the same.
Guy in sunglasses and hat in at about 40s could be Chris Lowe?
Could be him or someone with a great resemblance... maybe that`s one of the video`s clues :-)
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Pacific707

#50 Post by Pacific707 »

with the axis video and the fluorescent teaser i really had my hopes up. I like the idea of this video but it really needs some variety. And i hate it when he boys are not in the video.

TallThinMan

#51 Post by TallThinMan »

I preferred it when PSB videos had more than fifty quid spent on them and had a more interesting creative concept than "life's a big party".

Flaffer

#52 Post by Flaffer »

Could be quite clever in that they (finally) realise they wont cross over to 'da yoof ' and are therefore aiming for the nostalgia of those in their late thirties/early forties. What would be great would be official remixes by some 'rave' acts. Perhaps Altern8 could be retapped, entirely coincidentaly ive just been listening to their album for the first time in many many years. Carl Cox? Although hes more techno nowadays
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Pani

#53 Post by Pani »

Me liking the song. It's very catchy and uplifting! I'm so looking forward to the album now! : )

TeCHno PoP

#54 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Nice video.

ZiggyPSB

#55 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I watch the video and the first thing that comes to mind is "music videos" for songs decades before music videos even became a thing on the free UK music channel Vintage TV, cobbling together stock footage. At least the quality is consistant but otherwise I'm not a fan, considering how amazing Axis and Fluorescent was.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Hillbilly

#56 Post by Hillbilly »

Uninteresting and boring video! Anyone could have assemble a collection of dancing people into a video clip...

I haven't liked any official PSB video since "Minimal". All those great videos they made in the 80s and 90s... the PopArt DVD! What happened?

territorygal

#57 Post by territorygal »

Hmm. I don't dislike the video, but I think Idolator's blog post kinda touched on why it doesn't speak to me: "...a moment in time that us Yanks really missed out on experiencing." (I grew up in Texas in the 80s/90s, so...yeah)
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

le petit corbusier

#58 Post by le petit corbusier »

Isn't it Neil at 1:45?
Look left, then right
And run for your life

jasonjohn

#59 Post by jasonjohn »

territorygal wrote:Hmm. I don't dislike the video, but I think Idolator's blog post kinda touched on why it doesn't speak to me: "...a moment in time that us Yanks really missed out on experiencing." (I grew up in Texas in the 80s/90s, so...yeah)
Yeah, for this reason I wish it was a little more like the montage in the Somewhere concert.

They had a better mix of people in that clip, old and young. Which might suit the PSB demographic better.

Although to be fair the Vocal clip seems more reminiscing, and does include a good mix, albeit a bit more hipsterish!

lucienchardon

#60 Post by lucienchardon »

Hillbilly wrote:Uninteresting and boring video! Anyone could have assemble a collection of dancing people into a video clip...

I haven't liked any official PSB video since "Minimal". All those great videos they made in the 80s and 90s... the PopArt DVD! What happened?
Record sales went down and so did video budgets.

They've still had some great videos since Minimal.