Fluorescent Teaser Online (Formerly Tomorrow)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Undertaker

Re: Tomorrow

#121 Post by Undertaker »

NikacP0kac wrote:
whateverman42 wrote:No-one is close to PSB, especially among their contemporaries.
Now that's quite a statement here. What about Depeche Mode? They evolve constantly and the new album is fu*king great (not to my ears only, but to millions of others). Where no-one comes close to PSB really is the effort they put into live arrangements, hope DM use a live producer just to revamp some oldies for the next tour and make it more electronic again.

And by the way, Fluorescent sounds intriguing, hope there will be a full track somewhere soon, otherwise it's a bit stupid to put out a teaser almost 2 months before the full release.
PSB and DM are miles apart now. DM are more like a Rock band. I also thought their new album was utter dross. They aren't comparable anymore musically.

Brian Boring

Re: Flourescent

#122 Post by Brian Boring »

This is being discussed in the now somewhat confusingly named "Tomorrow" thread...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28146

Can we change the name of that thread?

This was due to Neil posting Pet Text yesterday...

http://petshopboys.co.uk/pettexts
......Fishing

rashomon

#123 Post by rashomon »

moving to "Tomorrow"

:)
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

rashomon

#124 Post by rashomon »

Just played it ... 3 times over ... very loudly !

:clap:

Love what I hear ... SO much better than Axis based on this 1 minute teaser

Also ... whats even better is that video snippet ... really loving the new look and the way the minotaur heads, spiky outfits and laser strobes all feature again for a sense of continuity.

Chris is looking effortlessly cool in this screen grab I took from YouTube:

you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Disco.

#125 Post by Disco. »

Completely agere. DM is a rock band these days, largely because of Gahan I Think Their latest album had a god production, but was pretty boring.

Pani

#126 Post by Pani »

Sorry for not being up to date here and for not knowing every thread.

Maverick

#127 Post by Maverick »

Fluorescent sounds fantastic.
"If Yes were a people, Legacy would be genocide."

Drico

D.J.

#128 Post by D.J. »

Disco. wrote:Completely agere. DM is a rock band these days, largely because of Gahan I Think Their latest album had a god production, but was pretty boring.
Yep! The fact that PSB can stay fresh and exciting after all these years is incredible! They never look back. DM on the other hand have been on a downward spiral ever since the departure of Wilder. Ultra was still fairly good, but later on you have to look hard to find two good songs on each album. Even some of my friends who are hardcore DM fans agree. Even if PSB just played live songs from their last 3 albums, it would be an amazing show! :up:

Ghost within this house

#129 Post by Ghost within this house »

I do love the 'sex-noise-through-a-tube'
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Ghost within this house

#130 Post by Ghost within this house »

I do love the 'sex-noise-through-a-tube' on Fluorescent.

I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to love tracks 1-5 and 9 on this album, and be a bit 'meh' about 6-8.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Danimal

#131 Post by Danimal »

fluffmoln wrote:
Danimal wrote:Which is why option 1. Was they're guessing incorrectly. You could read the entire post before commenting.
I was referring to nickname. I quite like your posts, since they're thought through and well written (especially the one the other day about Elysium and the departure from Parlo). nickname could never write anything like that.
Terribly sorry about that...a misunderstanding.

Danimal

#132 Post by Danimal »

Ghost within this house wrote:I do love the 'sex-noise-through-a-tube' on Fluorescent.

I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to love tracks 1-5 and 9 on this album, and be a bit 'meh' about 6-8.
This may very well turn out to be the case.

Brian Boring

#133 Post by Brian Boring »

Like what I hear so far. :D

I dark track about a bright subject matter.
......Fishing

NikacP0kac

#134 Post by NikacP0kac »

Disco. wrote:Completely agere. DM is a rock band these days, largely because of Gahan I Think Their latest album had a god production, but was pretty boring.
Okay, I have to agree with that, he's become a bit too much self-indulgent and is always nagging on about being reborn or whatever after the overdose, but they are quite far from being a rock band, they're just trying to establish a more serious image of themselves as musicians, partly due to the fact that the British media are still slagging them off for being an 80s band and whatever not.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Drico One

Re: Fluorescent/Quietus Album Review (Formerly Tomorrow)

#135 Post by Drico One »

Moderator Comment: Thread Title Changed/Merged Pani's Thread
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...