Does anyone have the Japanese Elysium

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
MD

Does anyone have the Japanese Elysium

#1 Post by MD »

I wasn't going to get this because I have the bonus track on the Winner single. However, someone said its a different version so I just blew 50$ on the Limited edition.

If you have one please post pics of all the packaging. Is it a different version of woods?
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

Mr Love

Re: Does anyone have the Japanese Elysium

#2 Post by Mr Love »

It's also on iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/elysiu ... 15398?l=en - the bonus track is 2:16 long so should be different indeed (I don't have it btw).

ZiggyPSB

#3 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I'm confident mine could arrive in the UK tomorrow, if not Monday. I'll post pictures if I do, unless someone else beats me to it.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Jamesqdot

#4 Post by Jamesqdot »

Just listened to the "Way Through The Woods" sample on iTunes and ordered the Japanese Limited Edition from HMV. :)

MD

#5 Post by MD »

Ziggy Shadow-Dust wrote:I'm confident mine could arrive in the UK tomorrow, if not Monday. I'll post pictures if I do, unless someone else beats me to it.
Thank you.

Looking forward to the pics.

ZiggyPSB

#6 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Sadly not today. It hasn't come. It arrived in the UK on Thursday afternoon but still has hundreds of miles and sea to travel to get to me, so now I'm expecting Monday.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

cyr2

#7 Post by cyr2 »

I got my japanese edition yesterday. The version of "The Way Through The Woods" is a bit different from the "long version" found on "Winner" :
- Obviously it is shorter (it is as if they only kept the parts between 1'40 et 4'00 from the "long version" of the song) : only the parts where Neil sings remains, so there is no extended electronic outro here.
- the drums/percussion sound seems more sparse and much in the background
- the synth line that starts the "long version" of the song is absent throughout in the 2'18 version

In a nutshell, This version found on the Japenese "Elysium" is a shorter almost orchestra & vocals-only version of "The Way Through The Woods" (long version).

Hope it helps.

cyr2

#8 Post by cyr2 »

I forgot to answer questions about the packaging : it's exactly the same as the European one. In fact it's even the same box, booklet and with the EU catalogue number (5099991597724), etc. The only differences are :
- the obi with japanese text and a new barcode that covers the EU one on the box
- the extra booklet with information in japanese, what appears to be Neil & Chris thoughts on every songs, the japanese translation of each lyrics and the english & japanese lyrics to "The Way Through The Woods"
- the transparent bag to protect the CD inside each cardboard sleeve
- the CDs themselves which have the japan catalogue numbers TOCP-71422 & TOCP-71423

MD

#9 Post by MD »

cyr2 wrote:I got my japanese edition yesterday. The version of "The Way Through The Woods" is a bit different from the "long version" found on "Winner" :
- Obviously it is shorter (it is as if they only kept the parts between 1'40 et 4'00 from the "long version" of the song) : only the parts where Neil sings remains, so there is no extended electronic outro here.
- the drums/percussion sound seems more sparse and much in the background
- the synth line that starts the "long version" of the song is absent throughout in the 2'18 version

In a nutshell, This version found on the Japenese "Elysium" is a shorter almost orchestra & vocals-only version of "The Way Through The Woods" (long version).

Hope it helps.
Any chance for some pics?

Mr Love

#10 Post by Mr Love »

For those only interested in the short version of The way through the woods it's available as MP3 on Japanese Amazon for ¥ 250: http://www.amazon.co.jp/The-way-through ... 563&sr=8-7 (Unlike iTunes, I don't think you have to use a Japanese debit/credit card @ Amazon, do you?)

vincenzosz

#11 Post by vincenzosz »

This is so frustrating! I have scoured the internet for this shorter version, even just to listen to it.

I want to buy it.....please.
:)

Mr Love

#12 Post by Mr Love »

So why don't you buy it from the link I just gave you? I'm sure Google translate will help you if you don't know Japanese. ;)

jagdmirage

#13 Post by jagdmirage »

Mr Love wrote:For those only interested in the short version of The way through the woods it's available as MP3 on Japanese Amazon for ¥ 250: http://www.amazon.co.jp/The-way-through ... 563&sr=8-7 (Unlike iTunes, I don't think you have to use a Japanese debit/credit card @ Amazon, do you?)
You do need a Japanese address to buy it, same as Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk etc..
Geographical restrictions just suck and force people to find illegal ways to get certain unique mp3.
Who is Phil Mitchell(the man in my avatar)?

jagdmirage

#14 Post by jagdmirage »

Mr Love wrote:So why don't you buy it from the link I just gave you? I'm sure Google translate will help you if you don't know Japanese. ;)
For Japanese CDs, I recommend hmv.co.jp. You can switch its website to English version and the cost for shipping is cheaper than Amazon.co.jp.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Pet-Shop ... CD_5118970
Who is Phil Mitchell(the man in my avatar)?

Mr Love

#15 Post by Mr Love »

jagdmirage wrote:You do need a Japanese address to buy it, same as Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk etc..
Geographical restrictions just suck and force people to find illegal ways to get certain unique mp3.
I never needed a US address to buy from Amazon.com, or is it different with downloads compared to physical products? Very weird in that case but wouldn't surprise me as the record companies still don't seem to have learned their lesson...