Winner Remixes on sale now in UK

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Seanyboy

Winner Remixes on sale now in UK

#1 Post by Seanyboy »

Just bought the remixed Winner EP off iTunes a day early. Does that mess up its chances of charting?

retrofuturist

Re: Winner Remixes on sale now in UK

#2 Post by retrofuturist »

It'll either contribute to one week's count or the other (I don't know the cut-off)... it won't "fall between the cracks", if that's what you're worried about.

Retro. :)

rollo

#3 Post by rollo »

As I recall the chart is compiled at midnight between Saturday and Sunday, so I think you should be fine!
Check out my new music blog...
http://musicforstowaways.wordpress.com/

michael888

#4 Post by michael888 »

I think it would mess up. Dj Culture and Dj Culturemix are charted respectively on nr13 and 40
A small voice of calm and reason.

stevebr20012

#5 Post by stevebr20012 »

michael888 wrote:I think it would mess up. Dj Culture and Dj Culturemix are charted respectively on nr13 and 40
Different chart rules in those days, DJ Culture remix was a separate single as there had been as many formats as were allowed of the normal DJ Culture (4 I think -7", 12", cd and cassette). Sanme problem affected the Erasure singles off Chorus, no remix 12"/CDs and then the Am I Right remix which counted as a separate single.

stevebr20012

#6 Post by stevebr20012 »

Just bought them too and the "Listeners also bought" recommendations showed Baby It's Christmas by Bananrama, that's gotta be a load of bull! I can't believe anyone bought that today.

stevebr20012

#7 Post by stevebr20012 »

Not a bad effort for £1.99. I thought the Happy Hour remix would be just an edit of the Happysad mix but it's totally different. Dahlback remix is a bit random but not a bad track. Can't hear much of the original in there.

Still a far cry from say It's Alright - normal version 1 week, remix 12" the week after and then the 10" the week after that. Can we have a 10" vinyl of winner next week please?!