ELYSIUM: Track-listing & Artwork - OFFICIAL

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Fredddyyy

Re: ELYSIUM: Track-listing & Artwork - OFFICIAL

#496 Post by Fredddyyy »

^ Yes, it is 2:16 long.
:)

Eldritch

#497 Post by Eldritch »

Thanks! So the long version really is a long one this time.
Click click drone

Mr Love

#498 Post by Mr Love »

morgan1098 wrote:I was shocked! At any rate, the price was $18.99 and it's the same "Made in the EU" version that everyone else has.
I'm not familiar with US prices, is that normal for a new 2xCD or is it some import price? Any import/barcode stickers on it? So far, it seems there are 2 different 2xCD editions - EU and Japan.

morgan1098

#499 Post by morgan1098 »

Mr Love wrote:
morgan1098 wrote:I was shocked! At any rate, the price was $18.99 and it's the same "Made in the EU" version that everyone else has.
I'm not familiar with US prices, is that normal for a new 2xCD or is it some import price? Any import/barcode stickers on it? So far, it seems there are 2 different 2xCD editions - EU and Japan.
No, that's not a highly inflated import price (I think Best Buy stopped carrying imports long ago, anyway). And no, there wasn't any import or barcode stickers on it. Somehow Astralwerks is able to get the import version and yet have it scan in the USA as a domestic release. The same thing happened with the Pandemonium CD/DVD set... it was listed by amazon and others as an Astralwerks release, but it was in fact a "Made in the EU" version complete with the Parlophone label, etc. and no extra stickers or bar codes.

Mr Love

#500 Post by Mr Love »

I see, many thanks for info! :up:

boyjohn

#501 Post by boyjohn »

morgan1098 wrote:
Mr Love wrote:
No, that's not a highly inflated import price (I think Best Buy stopped carrying imports long ago, anyway). And no, there wasn't any import or barcode stickers on it. Somehow Astralwerks is able to get the import version and yet have it scan in the USA as a domestic release. The same thing happened with the Pandemonium CD/DVD set... it was listed by amazon and others as an Astralwerks release, but it was in fact a "Made in the EU" version complete with the Parlophone label, etc. and no extra stickers or bar codes.
That's probably why it came down from US Amazon even before the release date. Astralwerks probably had a set number to sell, and that was it.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Mr Love

#502 Post by Mr Love »

First image of US CD I've seen. Notably, "Pet Shop Boys" comes before "Elysium" on the spine (as on EU CD), unlike front, back and disc where it's the other way round. Further down the Australian CD.
Attachments
US CD.JPG
US CD.JPG (139.57 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Australia 3043912.JPG
Australia 3043912.JPG (103.22 KiB) Viewed 1480 times

TheGardner

#503 Post by TheGardner »

can you tell me some cat# of both releases?
PSB news on WhatsApp?
Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.

Mr Love

#504 Post by Mr Love »

Sorry no don't have them, images from eBay. But according to the auction the Australian CD has the same cat# as the EU - P304 3912 - and from sticker it seems 2nd cat#/barcode is the same too.

drunk14

#505 Post by drunk14 »

I'm not sure if it's a right topic, but my copy has just arrived :D It has....a spanish sticker on it :D That's strange, but I guess it's an import as release date in my country is 17.09.10.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

TheGardner

#506 Post by TheGardner »

can you check if there are more of them in the local shops near you in the next time?
PSB news on WhatsApp?
Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.