What song had the most quality remixes overall?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Padster

Re: What song had the most quality remixes overall?

#16 Post by Padster »

Being boring (Uk remix) by Marshall Jefferson was a surprising remix, I still think its a brilliant mix today. I liked all the very early mixes (Please, Actually Introspective) as they followed the general feel of the original track.

The boring remixes started when the dance dj's got too carried away, sometimes being completely unrecognisable and containing very few (if any) lyrics, some of them great to listen to, others just noise.

Very

#17 Post by Very »

too be honest I've always loved the original tracks, remixes are not my favorites
Madrid / Bucharest 2007

Tom Angel

#18 Post by Tom Angel »

retrofuturist wrote:How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously?... Brothers In Rhythm and David Morales both did very well.
Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously?... Brothers In Rhythm 7" mix is the defintive mix really, and would have made Behaviour even MORE definitive.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Undertaker

#19 Post by Undertaker »

Tom Angel wrote:So Nightlife era has the best remixes..

And Violence has only had one remix and that was a re-recording
Sorry, I was thinking about the 12" master. It's awesome.

Niall

#20 Post by Niall »

Palpatine wrote:I would say Love Comes Quickly. You have the extended dance mix, the Shep Pettibone Mastermix and Dub, the cracking live version from the Release tour and the lovely Blank and Jones ambient mix from 2003. A fantastic collection of remixes.

As far as Shep Pettibone is concerned, it's a bit tragic that N&C stopped using him after Left to my own devices, because shortly afterwards he started doing some great house mixes for Madonna, Janet Jackson, etc.
The Release tour versions of Love comes quickly and Go West (particularly the end) are brilliant.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

stevebr20012

#21 Post by stevebr20012 »

I would go so far as to say that the only officially released UK remixes that are rubbish from Please through to Discography singles are the 12" remix of Heart and the DJ international mixes of It's alright. Some of the David Morales remixes from behaviour era are a bit average but not awful. I think the quality took a massive decline from Can You Forgive Her onwards. Best overall in my opinion is Jealousy, just one remix/extended version which I think is the best 12" version they have ever released. No crap at all!