Do You Want A New Bitch (Misheard Lyrics - Merged Threads)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
lowesglasses

Re: Do You Want A New Bitch (Misheard Lyrics - Merged Threads)

#136 Post by lowesglasses »

Apple Music doesn’t help. This is their attempt for Requiem in Denim.... 🤣
Attachments
56BFE432-39B5-498B-9725-580E341E4522.jpeg
56BFE432-39B5-498B-9725-580E341E4522.jpeg (211 KiB) Viewed 581 times

telys

#137 Post by telys »

Oznerol wrote: Sun 08 Nov 2020, 4:18 am I´m always surprised on how the lyrics of a song can be misunderstood in English... and that´s why printed lyrics were always so welcomed and needed. In Spanish this kind of misundesrtanding are so exceptional. Maybe I rememnber just two or three times when I got confused with the lyrics hearing a song (sometimes happens when a song came from a different place/country using different local expressions...but it's highly unusual if that´s not the case).
Oh I misheard plenty of spanish lyrics although it's in a different way, somehow when you mishear you notice right away because it makes no sense. While in english the misheard lyrics might actually make sense.
----
You've got me all wrong

Oznerol

#138 Post by Oznerol »

telys wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020, 9:39 am
Oznerol wrote: Sun 08 Nov 2020, 4:18 am I´m always surprised on how the lyrics of a song can be misunderstood in English... and that´s why printed lyrics were always so welcomed and needed. In Spanish this kind of misundesrtanding are so exceptional. Maybe I rememnber just two or three times when I got confused with the lyrics hearing a song (sometimes happens when a song came from a different place/country using different local expressions...but it's highly unusual if that´s not the case).
Oh I misheard plenty of spanish lyrics although it's in a different way, somehow when you mishear you notice right away because it makes no sense. While in english the misheard lyrics might actually make sense.
Maybe you're right. Very possibly If the process was almost immediate, I discarded those cases as a misunderstandings...
This is not my signature.

itsadog

#139 Post by itsadog »

Call me weird, but at 4:40-4:41 after "Mia culpla, mia culpa", I keep hearing "Baby, am so sorry I called you that" (a very faint and not really distinguishable "that")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHetRTOD1Q

Anyone else hear this or am I losing the plot?

Gabby

#140 Post by Gabby »

itsadog wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020, 10:12 pm Call me weird, but at 4:40-4:41 after "Mia culpla, mia culpa", I keep hearing "Baby, am so sorry I called you that" (a very faint and not really distinguishable "that")

Can't honestly say I hear that but always felt there was more words buried in the mix there somewhere.

NikacP0kac

#141 Post by NikacP0kac »

itsadog wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020, 10:12 pm Call me weird, but at 4:40-4:41 after "Mia culpla, mia culpa", I keep hearing "Baby, am so sorry I called you that" (a very faint and not really distinguishable "that")

It's just a delay on the "..mea maxima culpa" part. For a moment I thought I heard it as well, but when you listen more closely it's just the echo of that original Latin part.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Greendrake

#142 Post by Greendrake »

All the kittens in the school have seen you...