PSB VS Phil Collins

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Drico One

Re: PSB VS Phil Collins

#31 Post by Drico One »

Sandy Shaw wrote:A top class drummer.
Yup, that gorilla was immense.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Nickname

#32 Post by Nickname »

Phil Collins is an amazing song-writter, singer and musician. One thing I like from him is that his look is not the kind of look you can expect from a pop idol, he looks like any other man you can see on the street.

TallThinMan

#33 Post by TallThinMan »

The very existence of this thread makes me want to retch heartily from the pit of my stomach. It makes me think I must have a very different set of values to some of the posters in this little corner of the web.

Having said that, Against All Odds is a tremendous song (utterly destroyed by Pariah Carey's oh-so-sincere banshee wailing on her cover version) and the big drum fill on In The Air Tonight is a classic early 1980s moment, much like the introduction of the Austin Maestro.

D.J.

#34 Post by D.J. »

TallThinMan wrote:The very existence of this thread makes me want to retch heartily from the pit of my stomach. It makes me think I must have a very different set of values to some of the posters in this little corner of the web.

Having said that, Against All Odds is a tremendous song (utterly destroyed by Pariah Carey's oh-so-sincere banshee wailing on her cover version) and the big drum fill on In The Air Tonight is a classic early 1980s moment, much like the introduction of the Austin Maestro.
"Against All Odds" is a great song to do on Karaoke. :wink: :shhh:
Although I don't really listen to him, I do think that Phil Collins has one of the most distinct male voices in pop/rock music in the last 40 years, along with Robert Smith from The Cure.

vincenzosz

#35 Post by vincenzosz »

I do know that Neil likes the song Against all odds.

joeythecat

#36 Post by joeythecat »

The drum break/roll on "No Time For Tears" is essentially a nod to Phil, nearly identical to In the Air Tonight.

StevePSB
Site Admin

#37 Post by StevePSB »

As much as I can't abide him, I have to admit I like some of his more electronic 80's stuff, and some Genesis too.

StevePSB

In A Secret Life

#38 Post by In A Secret Life »

A girlfriend of mine back in the day, upon hearing the intro to Love Is A Catastrophe commented it was a rip off from Against All Odds intro.

Ah...young,foolish,pretty....wrong.
The odds are good but the goods are odd