How many songs are created for their new album already?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Firthy2002

Re: How many songs are created for their new album already?

#2 Post by Firthy2002 »

Who knows?

It may be that they go back to the vaults and finish songs they'd started writing previously.
-=Firthy2002=-
------------------
My LJ

Hillbilly

#4 Post by Hillbilly »

Isn't it ONE + ONE = FIVE?

And of course 2/0 = 0!

:-)

vincenzosz

#5 Post by vincenzosz »

I know! I'm itching for any tidbits about the new album.

Radiophonic

#6 Post by Radiophonic »

Is there a new album?
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

vincenzosz

#8 Post by vincenzosz »

Neil mentioned this past December that they have the title already chosen for the next album ( apparently it's the shortest PSB album title to date, which makes me think it will be "response" album titled No, but I kinda hope I'm wrong), and it's been mentioned by them a few times that they've begun writing. Neil also mentioned that what they were working on was a step away from orchestral sounds and much "simpler". So who knows...?!?!

glennjridge

#9 Post by glennjridge »

geez given how prolific these 2 are in all likelyhood they've got over an albums worth of demos for the new one already.
but I doubt they are at the recording stage, we would have heard something about that.

Young Offender

#10 Post by Young Offender »

They probably have a few leftover that they saved from the musical?

tottenhammattspurs

#11 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

They've probably got all of them written as no doubt EMI will rinse out another bloody compilation between now and the next album!
is is and isnt isnt

joncool5

#12 Post by joncool5 »

I think if it hadn't been for the Take That support slot they would have the songwriting pretty much completed now and be ready to enter the studio with a view to a Spring 2012 release. This has obviously slowed things down and means the wait is probably going to be substantially longer than between "Fundamental" and "Yes". I imagine we might see some release this year, maybe a new b-sides compilation or "It Couldn't Happen Here" on DVD.
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Radiophonic

#13 Post by Radiophonic »

joncool5 wrote:I think if it hadn't been for the Take That support slot they would have the songwriting pretty much completed now and be ready to enter the studio with a view to a Spring 2012 release. This has obviously slowed things down and means the wait is probably going to be substantially longer than between "Fundamental" and "Yes". I imagine we might see some release this year, maybe a new b-sides compilation or "It Couldn't Happen Here" on DVD.
Didn't Neil say they were writing whilst on the TT tour?
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

joncool5

#14 Post by joncool5 »

Radiophonic wrote:
joncool5 wrote:I think if it hadn't been for the Take That support slot they would have the songwriting pretty much completed now and be ready to enter the studio with a view to a Spring 2012 release. This has obviously slowed things down and means the wait is probably going to be substantially longer than between "Fundamental" and "Yes". I imagine we might see some release this year, maybe a new b-sides compilation or "It Couldn't Happen Here" on DVD.
Didn't Neil say they were writing whilst on the TT tour?
Yes he did, but I this would have been more concentrated if they weren't touring.
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

rabagast

#15 Post by rabagast »

joncool5 wrote:
Radiophonic wrote: Didn't Neil say they were writing whilst on the TT tour?
Yes he did, but I this would have been more concentrated if they weren't touring.
Living in a hotel for a week or so in each city doing a 40 min. gig each night, probably without soundcheck? Sounds like plenty of time for concentrated song writing. :up: