Yay!

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
skyhigh

Re: Ha ha

#16 Post by skyhigh »

joncool5 wrote:
skyhigh wrote:See 2nd post in this thread, accompanied by orange wigs!!! :-)
I think you'll find it was a TANGERINE wig :D For those who don't know, it's the unofficial Blackpool football anthem when we score. They performed it as we've just been promoted to the Premier League.

Fantastic gig, although very possibly the warmest venue ever. The terrible weather was a welcome relief after the gig!!
Does this answer the Blackpool or arsenal question?
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

joncool5

#17 Post by joncool5 »

skyhigh wrote:
joncool5 wrote:
skyhigh wrote:See 2nd post in this thread, accompanied by orange wigs!!! :-)
I think you'll find it was a TANGERINE wig :D For those who don't know, it's the unofficial Blackpool football anthem when we score. They performed it as we've just been promoted to the Premier League.

Fantastic gig, although very possibly the warmest venue ever. The terrible weather was a welcome relief after the gig!!
Does this answer the Blackpool or arsenal question?
Well he'll probably still be a Gooner!! Although he maybe support Blackpool while they're in the Premier League - glory supporter!!
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Sandy Shaw

#18 Post by Sandy Shaw »

As Wayne points out at http://www.geowayne.com the song is a cover of a Dave Clarke 5 song. I managed to suss this out last night just before I fell asleep! I have to confess that I didn't know the song at all before hearing that the Boys had covered it. That was quick work - someone has already updated the Wikipedia entry for the song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glad_All_Over

Last edited by Sandy Shaw on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#19 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Nightlife wrote:
Sandy Shaw wrote:Sorry I've lost you. Not DKWYW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-GPiITJlmA
Sorry Nightlife you did try to let us know. I didn't actually clink your Youtube link as I assumed it was foootage from Blackpool, I was feeling exhausted and I originally just thought that you were 'feeling glad all over' - not that it was actually the title of the song!!!
What's for supper?

Undertaker

#20 Post by Undertaker »

Glad All Over is a shit hot anthem. It's always been a big favourite of mine from the 60's.

Bulldog

#21 Post by Bulldog »

Wouldn't be surprised if they were shaping a '60s-influenced sound for the next album...

tottenhammattspurs

#22 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

It's also the anthem for Crystal Palace Football club. I only know this because i DJ in Croydon (about 2 miles from Palace) and continually get asked for it.

I don't play it.
is is and isnt isnt

Radiophonic

#23 Post by Radiophonic »

I wonder why Geowayne site says 'almost certainly' and 'if this indeed the reason'. There is no doubt about the reason Glad All Over was used.

I liked how Neil introduced Chris - " ... all the way from North Shore, Chris Lowe!"
"Enjoy it while it lasts ... "

joncool5

Re: Yay!

#24 Post by joncool5 »

He said South Shore! I'm from North Shore :)
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

joncool5

#25 Post by joncool5 »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:It's also the anthem for Crystal Palace Football club. I only know this because i DJ in Croydon (about 2 miles from Palace) and continually get asked for it.

I don't play it.
A few clubs have it but none as highly placed as the mighty Pool :). Yeah there is no doubt as to why it was used, the wigs that Chris and the dancers wore was a bit of a clue!

djx

#26 Post by djx »

joncool5 wrote:
Radiophonic wrote:It was great. Sophie was v. good. Her biggest cheers was whenever she mentioned the Pet Shop Boys.
The boys were brilliant.
There was a fight. So I was told after.
And I got ever so slightly merry in a local hostilary after.

Job done!
Not sure there was a fight, a bloke collapsed infront of where i was standing though.

there was a fight, although a small one, it was right in front of me. near the front-left of the stage. just caused by people pushing in and others getting p****d off with it. they were promptly removed by security. fantasic gig, sophie was really good i thought, psb were fab.

Blogo

#27 Post by Blogo »

joncool5 wrote:
Radiophonic wrote:It was great. Sophie was v. good. Her biggest cheers was whenever she mentioned the Pet Shop Boys.
The boys were brilliant.
There was a fight. So I was told after.
And I got ever so slightly merry in a local hostilary after.

Job done!
Not sure there was a fight, a bloke collapsed infront of where i was standing though.
Some guy vomited beside me.

Christ.
Listen without prejudice

Sandy Shaw

Re: Yay!

#28 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Last edited by Sandy Shaw on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's for supper?

Patrick Bateman

#29 Post by Patrick Bateman »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:It's also the anthem for Crystal Palace Football club. I only know this because i DJ in Croydon (about 2 miles from Palace) and continually get asked for it.

I don't play it.

Sandy Shaw

#30 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Blogo wrote:
Some guy vomited beside me.

Christ.
I hate to say this but I'm starting to feel quite glad that I didn't go.
What's for supper?