Beautiful People release postphoned: now Oct. 2nd

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Debussy

Beautiful People release postphoned: now Oct. 2nd

#1 Post by Debussy »

I saw on Vinny Vero's blog that its Beautiful People.
http://vinnyvero.blogspot.com/

Shopper

Re: Beautiful People confirmed as 3rd single ?

#2 Post by Shopper »

Ugh :down:
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Patrick Bateman

#3 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Why would they release the dullest track from Yes as the third single? Are they mad?

Lucy

#4 Post by Lucy »

what?? :eh:
If it's true I think they're making a mistake.

transforce

#5 Post by transforce »

This has got to be a f****** joke! I really hope this information is wrong. If it's true what complete moron made that decision. Are EMI trying to find reasons to drop PSB from their record label. Heads will roll!

Michelle

#6 Post by Michelle »

I quite like that song. Anyway, still better than More than a dream. Well, after all, it´s Neil´s favourite song from the album. Will they add it to the songs performed on tour??

joncool5

#7 Post by joncool5 »

It's probably the weakest song on the album (good verses, poor chorus) but i can see the reason EMI want it released. I suppose they think it could win over people who aren’t normally into their stuff, Pandemonium or All Over the World aren’t going to convert new fans!
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Patrick Bateman

#8 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Without wishing to be overly dramatic, if they release a Duffy b-side as a single my PSB collection is straight on e-bay. Hi Neil!

Shopper

#9 Post by Shopper »

Win over ! LOL...more like repel the few who are left with that snoozefest.
Yes's single strategy has been ace, first releasing a song already on a free giveaway cd and now this (hope its a bad rumour). How quickly the Yes era has ended :(

Have they ever missed the top 40 with a proper single release (physical + digi) ?
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Vince

#10 Post by Vince »

:'(

For heavens' sake!! There are a gazillion better songs to release as a single off Yes!!

More than a dream, the way it used to be, All over the world, Pandy!
Last edited by Vince on Tue 11 Aug 2009, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

sneakythesnake

#11 Post by sneakythesnake »

This has to be a joke! It's the worst song on the album.

joncool5

#12 Post by joncool5 »

Shopper wrote:Win over ! LOL...more like repel the few who are left with that snoozefest.
Yes's single strategy has been ace, first releasing a song already on a free giveaway cd and now this (hope its a bad rumour). How quickly the Yes era has ended :(

Have they ever missed the top 40 with a proper single release (physical + digi) ?
Well never underestimate just how vile taste the vast majority of the UK public has. The most M.O.R thing they've ever released could go down a treat with bored housewives who think Duffy and Katie Melula are cutting edge.
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

NJTom

#13 Post by NJTom »

I doubt they'll miss the top 40, so long as Elvis doesn't come back from the dead. They'll sell enough physical bundles to scrape in. Did you see me coming? was #1 on the physical chart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair."

Patrick Bateman

#14 Post by Patrick Bateman »

If you look at the singles chart, they have a couple of options:

i. Neil blacks up and they release some r 'n' b dross. Chris is replaced by a couple of hos and some Cristal.

ii. Neil oranges up and they release a Cascada-style chav anthem. Chris is replaced by an annoying rapper for the obligatory crap rap in the middle.

(Chav Cole will of course be utilising both strategies for her solo album)

Failing that they could just do what they've done for the last two decades and release a decent synth-based track. It's done La Roux no harm, and I notice that Little Boots's new single is up to number fourteen this week too.

Patrick Bateman

#15 Post by Patrick Bateman »

NJTom wrote:I doubt they'll miss the top 40, so long as Elvis doesn't come back from the dead. They'll sell enough physical bundles to scrape in. Did you see me coming? was #1 on the physical chart.
But that assumes that the fanbase will buy it. If they release Beautiful People, I certainly won't.

At least New York city boy was a Village People pastiche. A Duffy pastiche? Oh dear.