Selfridge's on Thursday

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
stussyboy

Selfridge's on Thursday

#1 Post by stussyboy »

It's a bit quiet regarding the signing this week...who's going?
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

StevePSB
Site Admin

#2 Post by StevePSB »

Naaaaah, it's London.

StevePSB

jmh

#3 Post by jmh »

i'd totally forgotten! what time are they going to be there?
" ...but what i do like, i love passionately.."

Pet Shop Girl

#4 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

Between 6.30 & 7pm they will be there.

Trixiemix

#5 Post by Trixiemix »

I'm going! You need to buy the book instore and hold onto the receipt to get a signing. I already have the book.....but I also have a plan :D
Back to Trafalgar.........

lucienchardon

#6 Post by lucienchardon »

Hopefully one of you attending will ask them if Integral will be a single.

transforce

#7 Post by transforce »

Trixiemix wrote:You need to buy the book instore and hold onto the receipt to get a signing.
THAT really annoys me. Virgin megastore tried to do that and I just ignored them. They don't actually sell fridges do they?

yves

#8 Post by yves »

Trixiemix wrote:I'm going! You need to buy the book instore and hold onto the receipt to get a signing. I already have the book.....but I also have a plan :D
This means real fans must buy a second 'Catalogue'. I'm sorry but this is not fair.
This must be the place I waited years to leave

Actually

#9 Post by Actually »

Is this true? Because i am not lugging Fundie, Catalogue or Concrete ( too heavy!!!) all the way to London to be told i have to buy another copy to get signed...I class myself as a dedicated fan but I'm not Stupid.
Anyway are Neil & Chris only signing this years releases or do you think i could be cheeky & take some of my vinyls to be signed ?
At the Re-issue signings at Tower Records back in 2001 i managed to get my Red Letter Day Red Vinyl signed as well as the albums!
I'm too weak to be strong

Pet Shop Girl

#10 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

Actually wrote:Is this true? Because i am not lugging Fundie, Catalogue or Concrete ( too heavy!!!) all the way to London to be told i have to buy another copy to get signed...I class myself as a dedicated fan but I'm not Stupid.
Anyway are Neil & Chris only signing this years releases or do you think i could be cheeky & take some of my vinyls to be signed ?
At the Re-issue signings at Tower Records back in 2001 i managed to get my Red Letter Day Red Vinyl signed as well as the albums!
I am afraid that is the way it is set up. You have to buy a copy of Catalogue. So those who do not have it yet who waited patiently, have the advantage now.

Trixiemix

#11 Post by Trixiemix »

Yes it's true....I asked them personally on Saturday. I was told you MUST buy the book in 'Foyles' Selfridges and keep the receipt. There is an HMV entry behind this book store, so not sure if they'll allow CD's to be signed too. It's mainly set up for the book signing.

DazzerUKUK

#12 Post by DazzerUKUK »

Why on earth would Foyles want loads of fans turning up with books they bought elsewhere to get signed?

The idea is to sell sell sell!

D
And you say you never believed in luck

stoo

#13 Post by stoo »

yves wrote:
Trixiemix wrote:I'm going! You need to buy the book instore and hold onto the receipt to get a signing. I already have the book.....but I also have a plan :D
This means real fans must buy a second 'Catalogue'. I'm sorry but this is not fair.
psb should know that all "real" fans buy there material in the first two weeks,

Actually

#14 Post by Actually »

So, what are we going to do about it ?
Are we all still going ?
(Two copies of Catalogue...A bit steep don't you think ? The book is good..but that good ?)
I'm too weak to be strong

Trixiemix

#15 Post by Trixiemix »

In New York....all the people who bought from the store had a wristband and got signed first! Then I believe people who hadn't bought got signed if there was time left. Maybe this will work the same. PSB are signing 6.30pm - 8pm. So, it all depends how many want the book signed....time will be the essence.