Talladega Nights shocker: PSB get a mention! LOL

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
mindboy

Talladega Nights shocker: PSB get a mention! LOL

#1 Post by mindboy » Sun 03 Dec 2006, 10:20 pm

Hi! Dunno if this has been mentioned before. Yesterday I've watched the DVD of "Talladega Nights" - a comedy starring Will Ferrell (main character) and Sascha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat). The movie came about half a year ago, so maybe this was discussed... Anyway, it was pretty thrilling to hear the PSB mention, all of a sudden. It was in the scene where Sascha B. Cohen's character, who is french Formula-1 driver and gay, appears in the bar (the movie takes place in Texas) by the karaoke machine, jazz music stars, bar visitors are shocked by the sudden change of music. The barman explains that they have jazz just in case, also they have "the Pet Shop Boys and Seal", with irony in his voice!
Well the movie came about the same time as Fundamental was released in USA... Check it out on DVD if you haven't seen it!
Chris Heath: Why you're surfing?
Chris Lowe: Coz we can!
Neil Tennant: Exactly. :D
(Performance commentary during What have I done to deserve this??)

JT X

#2 Post by JT X » Sun 03 Dec 2006, 11:01 pm

...Something interesting...like a graphic designer...

VinnyM27

Re: Talladega Nights shocker: PSB get a mention! LOL

#3 Post by VinnyM27 » Sun 03 Dec 2006, 11:23 pm

mindboy wrote:Hi! Dunno if this has been mentioned before. Yesterday I've watched the DVD of "Talladega Nights" - a comedy starring Will Ferrell (main character) and Sascha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat). The movie came about half a year ago, so maybe this was discussed... Anyway, it was pretty thrilling to hear the PSB mention, all of a sudden. It was in the scene where Sascha B. Cohen's character, who is french Formula-1 driver and gay, appears in the bar (the movie takes place in Texas) by the karaoke machine, jazz music stars, bar visitors are shocked by the sudden change of music. The barman explains that they have jazz just in case, also they have "the Pet Shop Boys and Seal", with irony in his voice!
Well the movie came about the same time as Fundamental was released in USA... Check it out on DVD if you haven't seen it!
The real questoin is....how did you see it on DVD....It comes out in two weeks here? I really wanted to see it but guess I have to wait until the 12th.

mindboy

Re: Talladega Nights shocker: PSB get a mention! LOL

#4 Post by mindboy » Mon 04 Dec 2006, 12:03 pm

VinnyM27 wrote:
mindboy wrote:Hi! Dunno if this has been mentioned before. Yesterday I've watched the DVD of "Talladega Nights" - a comedy starring Will Ferrell (main character) and Sascha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat). The movie came about half a year ago, so maybe this was discussed... Anyway, it was pretty thrilling to hear the PSB mention, all of a sudden. It was in the scene where Sascha B. Cohen's character, who is french Formula-1 driver and gay, appears in the bar (the movie takes place in Texas) by the karaoke machine, jazz music stars, bar visitors are shocked by the sudden change of music. The barman explains that they have jazz just in case, also they have "the Pet Shop Boys and Seal", with irony in his voice!
The real questoin is....how did you see it on DVD....It comes out in two weeks here? I really wanted to see it but guess I have to wait until the 12th.
That's not the real question, it's from the rental. And the (repeated) thread is about PSB mention and not the way i've seen it. Hope you'll enjoy the movie when it comes out there anyway!:wink:

!

#5 Post by ! » Mon 04 Dec 2006, 12:08 pm

French and gay! How subtle :roll:

mindboy

#6 Post by mindboy » Mon 04 Dec 2006, 12:12 pm

! wrote:French and gay! How subtle :roll:
Well, U should see S.B. Cohen's acting! :lol: I found his accent VERY french, what would french say?