She's Madonna next RW single

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Kris

#16 Post by Kris »

patrick wrote:It's not really single material though, is it?
I guess not but as it's one of the few conventional pop songs on Rudebox, it becomes a contender by default. Summertime is the only really obvious single left but it's the wrong time of year to release that.

I'm glad She's Madonna will be a single, though. It's got a lovely soaring melody and reminds me a bit of Human by Human League mixed with Sense by Lightning Seeds, which are both fabulous records. And it should do well in the January market - there's only really Erasure for competition at that time of year. :wink:
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

Deschanel

#17 Post by Deschanel »

I read today somewhere that Robbie and PSB will be performing it live somewhere in December for TV and the official Robbie single will be out in January.

(I literally read 500 websites and blogs a day, I wish i could link this. But it's a blur, and i have no reason to lie..or care. It's just what I read on the Net today..)

DJAMIX

#18 Post by DJAMIX »

Just for the records:

The well known Brazilian female single called Ana Carolina just released whis week a song called "I f*cked Madonna".

Inpiration from RW song? :wink:
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

alig

#19 Post by alig »

yeah, the video should be hilarious. and i'm sure it's gonna be credited to both rw and the psb. it would be rude not to and i guess it's also been set doen in the contract.
"John 3:16."

PSBehaviour

#20 Post by PSBehaviour »

"She's Madonna" isn't single material IMHO. But if it's really going to be released, time will prove me right/wrong. One of the few songs with hit potential is "Kiss me". Just a plain simple pop song that gets stuck in your head after just 1 listen.

Phillip

#21 Post by Phillip »

Another single release :shock: Means I gotta go outside again :think:
Attitudes are materialistic

mindboy

#22 Post by mindboy »

Expect some new PSB edits/remixes of the track then, like the continuation of this year's "maxi-mix" series for example. :wink:
Chris Heath: Why you're surfing?
Chris Lowe: Coz we can!
Neil Tennant: Exactly. :D
(Performance commentary during What have I done to deserve this??)

Actually

#23 Post by Actually »

Is that Goodnight to INTEGRAL and indeed FUNDAMENTAL ?
I'm too weak to be strong

Naughty Zoot

#24 Post by Naughty Zoot »

I don't know if Robbie will be appearing @ the festival on NewYears Eve or not but here's a story from Dotmusic that says the single will be out in Jan:

Robbie's PSB NYE
(Friday November 17, 2006 11:30 AM)

Robbie Williams is reported to be performing at Edinburgh's New Year's Eve 'Concert In The Gardens' party.

According to today's Sun [17 November], the "Rudebox" star will perform his forthcoming single "She's Madonna" with headliners Pet Shop Boys, who produced the song.

A source told the tabloid: "Robbie, Neil [Tennant] and Chris [Lowe] have become close pals over the last 12 months.

"They performed together earlier in the year for a radio show and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

"It will be one hell of a party up in Edinburgh. Robbie is up for doing at least one number but if things are going well he could end up doing more."

The ticketed Concert In The Gardens show will take place in Edinburgh city centre on December 31.

"She's Madonna" is set for release in January.
I like it here ~~ wherever it is ...

Trixiemix

#25 Post by Trixiemix »

From the Official site:

Pet Shop Boys' American tour which began in Montreal on October 10th ended last night at the Monterrey Arena, Mexico. The next PSB show will be in Edinburgh on December 31st. (No truth in the rumour that Robbie Williams will be guesting there!)
Back to Trafalgar.........

kennym

#26 Post by kennym »

It's the most obvious single i've heard all year..

Everyone i've played it to are very positive about it..

i.e the same folk who thought Numb was never a single..

Butters

#27 Post by Butters »

kennym wrote:It's the most obvious single i've heard all year..

My PSB-hating wife said she hated the song, before she new PSB had anything to do with it. She has all the other Robbie cds.
Just tax the stupid people!

dVTB

#28 Post by dVTB »

Trixiemix wrote:From the Official site:
Pet Shop Boys' American tour which began in Montreal on October 10th ended last night at the Monterrey Arena, Mexico. The next PSB show will be in Edinburgh on December 31st. (No truth in the rumour that Robbie Williams will be guesting there!)
Hmmm... at least this means that Neil and Chris have some time on their hands to do an extra remix of She's Madonna, or to promote this single release (or an eventual 4th Fundamental single). Actually I won't be surprised if the single version of She's Madonna will feature additional Neil vocals.

Nickname

#29 Post by Nickname »

Butters wrote:

My PSB-hating wife said she hated the song, before she new PSB had anything to do with it. She has all the other Robbie cds.
Why don't you get a divorce? :twisted:

patrick

#30 Post by patrick »

Yeah, but Numb bombed, didn't it?