How is Minimal doing in your country?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
dVTB

#16 Post by dVTB »

Non-existant, that's the best word to describe it. It's not played on radio stations at all, it's not promoted in any way. Welcome to the Netherlands.

GalataPSB

#17 Post by GalataPSB »

in Numberone FM chart, it is #36th...Never heard Minimal in other radio stations.. :roll:
But Metro FM plays "In Private stuart crichton club mix" ... :?

Synature

#18 Post by Synature »

glennjridge wrote:Wal-Mart of all places, plays the sh*t out of I'm with stupid for some reason. but I believe its an internal system not radio so its probably just someone high up likes them and has them on the playlist for the stores.

theres nothin like hearing a little PSB nestled inbetween ted nugent and kid rock I tells ya
That's so strange. I had no idea. What's amazing is how well that can actually work for sales. If they could get play in clothing stores, esp. in malls, it would create more interest. Most people assume that the "cool" store they're shopping in only plays "cool" music. Wal-Mart, unfortunately, does not have the right reputation. But public airplay anywhere in the US is better than nothing.
Most retail stores play stylized mixes of licensed music from a satellite broadcast or special discs / players provided by a separate company. I don't think they have much control over the individual songs that are played.

DJAMIX

#19 Post by DJAMIX »

In Brazil there's only that Brazilian EP promo with Minimal I posted here before. But no airplay, so far... :cry:
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

glennjridge

#20 Post by glennjridge »

VinnyM27 wrote:
glennjridge wrote:Wal-Mart of all places, plays the sh*t out of I'm with stupid for some reason. but I believe its an internal system not radio so its probably just someone high up likes them and has them on the playlist for the stores.

theres nothin like hearing a little PSB nestled inbetween ted nugent and kid rock I tells ya
THey play hard rock over there? That's weird. A very similar store, Meijer, tends to play soft rock but also includes some pop dance and PSB has been played there. I've heard "It's A Sin" and "Always On My MInd"...maybe even "West End Girls".
I wouldnt call it weird for Wal-Mart.alot of so called metal or hard rock is now so commercialized and neutered by todays standards that nobody pays any mind when a def leppard or cat scratch fever from the nuge comes on.
besides they have to keep the people in the beef jerky or crossbow sections happy.

ddp

#21 Post by ddp »

Minimal is number 1 in Estonia radio station Sky-Radio :)
http://sky-radio.fm/sky.php?sky=ok&info=skyparad

Also you can vote for Minimal :wink:
:arrow: http://sky-radio.fm/sky.php?sky=ok&info=20 For vote click left key :)
Happiness Is An Option

NJTom

#22 Post by NJTom »

I'm with stupid has been played a lot in store in Walmart, which is no bad thing .. over here walmart is like Woolwirths.
The album seems to have made its way to every record store i've been into here in rural New Jersey .. seems to have better distribution than 'Release"

Btw: Tom, I'm a newbie .... New Jersey, but originally from Wales.

Pani

#23 Post by Pani »

It is not going so well, I'm afraid to say, but it's
aired rather often on the local radio station. :D

Dreamcatcher2003

#24 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

GalataPSB wrote:in Numberone FM chart, it is #36th...Never heard Minimal in other radio stations.. :roll:
But Metro FM plays "In Private stuart crichton club mix" ... :?
Add Radio Maidanosssssss to the legions of fans of "In Private" :lol:

Aaaaaaaand:
Suprise surprise surprise!!!! Minimal was frequently played in Rock'n'Coke festival between stage appearances and second day many girls were prancing around hand in hand, shaking their tiny hips to Neil's M-I-N-I-M-A-L. :lol:

But I am not sure if they ever know who the band is. :?
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

bobblekat

#25 Post by bobblekat »

Talking of playing PSB in shops, I caught Minimal being played in an Accessorize shop in Windsor a couple of weeks ago!
I went fishing with Salvador Dali; he used a dotted line.

ladbtm4fun

#26 Post by ladbtm4fun »

Greece took it to #36 and you could find the single easily in all formats and in all record stores.Never listen to radio to say if it was a good promotion from there but you can hear the song almost everynight in the gay clubs.