Numb Tracklisting

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
!

Numb Tracklisting

#1 Post by ! »

Off the PJ boards:

CDS
01. Numb - new radio version
02. West End girls - live at the Mermaid Theatre

CDM
01. Numb - original demo (hmm...)
02. Party song
03. Bright young things
04. Numb - video

7"
A. Numb - new radio version
B. Party song

Don't know what to make of that. Usually I've found stuff to be right/true off there but the demo of Numb?! Wasn't that done by Diane Warren? Also, the official site doesn't say anything about a 7" and the Record Store says a DVD single will be released.

Meh, I'll believe it when the OS puts the tracklistings up.

DominoDancing

#2 Post by DominoDancing »

Someone already replied on the PJ board, so I'll say the same here:
It must be a fake, because the new Psychological mix is nowhere to be seen.

!

#3 Post by ! »

DominoDancing wrote:Someone already replied on the PJ board, so I'll say the same here:
It must be a fake, because the new Psychological mix is nowhere to be seen.
Yes, but that's on a 12" not the 7".

E-Mail Vampire

#4 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

But why have a 12" and a 7"?

daveid

#5 Post by daveid »

Are they really going to risk a live version of a song that's about to be released on an album as the principal b-side? Me thinks not. One of the reasons, surely, that Minimal bombed was the repetition of In Private (despite it being a far better mix). And is a maxi-single really going to start off with a demo? and sung by whom?

Why not : CD1 Numb (new mix)
Party Song

Maxi / DVD : Numb (album version)
Bright Young Things
Fugitive (7" version) if it exists
Numb (video)
12" single A : Numb (new mix)
Numb (album vsn)
B : Psychological (Joe Bloggs extended mix)

gomorrah

#6 Post by gomorrah »

if they HAD to put on something from the mermaid concert, I wish it'd been Sodom live or even Numb live. it sounded almost 100% better there than on the album. and if they had to put out an old song, I'd have prefered Left to my own devices from the concert, not West End girls.
I wooooooooooooooood if I cooooooood...

One of the crowd

#7 Post by One of the crowd »

If this is the tracklisting then so be it.

Its obvious that they need to promote the Live CD as well and therefore should really have a track from there on one of the formats.

Were finally getting the bonus tracks on a CD instead of DVD (not that Ive ever whinged mind!!)

The 7" is just a continuation from the other two 7"s

It basically means the non fan base can buy CD1 and the fan base will buy the rest.

Note to EMI - WOOLWORTHS NEED TO STOCK THIS SINGLE

!

#8 Post by ! »

E-Mail Vampire wrote:But why have a 12" and a 7"?
Dunno. Maybe the 12" would come out the week after? Like the Fundamentalism 12"s because the 12" is for Psychological anyway.
daveid wrote:Fugitive (7" version) if it exists
It does.
The remix of Psychological has been done by Ewan Pearson and I don't think they'll be any Numb tracks on the 12".

My fantasy tracklisting:

CDS
01. Numb - single mix/new radio mix
02. Party song

CDM
01. Numb - orchestral, electronic, acoustic or live
02. Ring road or China
03. The former enfant terrible

DVD
01. Audio - Numb - orchestral, electronic, acoustic or live
02. Audio - Fugitive - 7" mix
03. Audio - The Sodom and Gomorrah Show - 7" mix
04. Video - Numb
gomorrah wrote:I'd have prefered Left to my own devices from the concert, not West End girls.
Same here! West End girls makes sense though because it is the most known PSB song so it'll help promote Concert. Then again, maybe not...

Kris

#9 Post by Kris »

One of the crowd wrote: Note to EMI - WOOLWORTHS NEED TO STOCK THIS SINGLE
I don't think EMI have a say on this. Woolworths use the 'predicted chart' system and won't stock any single they think will chart outside the top 20. Personally, I think Numb will go top 20 but I'd be surprised if Woolies agreed with me. So don't be surprised if it's not available there. :(
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

Moira Stewart

#10 Post by Moira Stewart »

They're doing a live cd?

No THANKS :roll:

Zog

#11 Post by Zog »

" Woolworths use the 'predicted chart' system and won't stock any single they think will chart outside the top 20."

Yeah... well, considering the fact that every PSB single in the past decade (and longer) has gone top 20... what would have been their reasoning for not stocking Minimal properly?

In fact, the previous PSB single, I'm with stupid, went inside the top 10... so even less reason.

Oh well :(

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

patrick

#12 Post by patrick »

Sigh. No Psychological mix on here and the repetition of a track we'll be getting on the Concert CD. They're trying so hard with their Fundamental singles strategy to completely alienate their fanbase, aren't they?

Danger

#13 Post by Danger »

But try to do a remix of Numb? I don't want that it happens like for I Get Along that it wasn't remixed while Break For Love was remixed from everyone. With the work of a good remixer could happen something of interesting (like happened with the remix of Enjoy Of Silence by Mike Shinoda of Linkin' Park). :?:

Undertaker

#14 Post by Undertaker »

patrick wrote:Sigh. No Psychological mix on here and the repetition of a track we'll be getting on the Concert CD. They're trying so hard with their Fundamental singles strategy to completely alienate their fanbase, aren't they?
So what do you want or suggest? Another 6 or 7 piss weak mixes of the single? It's alright everyone saying that you cannot mix Numb, and thats true but i cannot remember the last time we got a decent remix of anything. Well, the best one was 'Sorry' and that was done by PSB themselves.

We also need to remember that you cannot expect them to release new stuff all the time. That said, i would have gone for a different song than West End girls. The idea is good but maybe Jealousy would have been a better marleting ploy.

Dave

patrick

#15 Post by patrick »

Undertaker wrote:So what do you want or suggest?
Five points spring immediately to mind:

• DVD instead of 7" to offer more digital quality tracks
• Replace West End girls* with exclusive B side
• Replace BYT** with exclusive B side
• Unless Numb demo is radically different, replace with exclusive B side
• Offset lack of Numb mixes with new Psychological mix

* This will be available on Concert and is a waste of space.

** This should have been released on a fanclub CD due to the leak, thus clearing the way for a brand new exclusive B side. As it is there are several Fundamental era recordings that will not see the light of day - at least for another three years between albums and by then they will no doubt be replaced by more modern recordings.
i cannot remember the last time we got a decent remix of anything
I liked some of the Minimal and Drunk mixes but otherwise there hasn't been anything worthwhile for a decade. Jesus!
We also need to remember that you cannot expect them to release new stuff all the time.
Why not?