Robbie Williams new album info

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
kimphilby

#256 Post by kimphilby »

Produced by Pet Shop Boys
Written by R.Williams, N.Tennant and C.Lowe
They are the credits I want to see at #1 in Music Week when She's Madonna is released as a single.

gareth

#257 Post by gareth »

BlueSwan wrote:She's Madonna is a nice song, but produced like a demo. Infact, this whole project sounds like a low-budget offering, which is strange coming from one of the worlds biggest popstars.
Hi mate

I know you make music (and very well too) but just wondered if you could explain what you mean?

She's Madonna sounds flawless to me - and the rest of the album, which admittedly has it's "raw" moments, doesn't sound like a demo to my ears.

Cheers

Gareth
Furious angels will bring you back to me

Bulldog

#258 Post by Bulldog »

What the hell does he say in that weird monologue at the end of "She's Madonna"?

kimphilby

#259 Post by kimphilby »

Where are people hearing the track?
PM please.

drunk14

#260 Post by drunk14 »

,,Mama was the queen of mambo :D....'' Bongo-Bong-Je..is great song, form the best vs She's Madonna, The 80, Summertime and Rudebox
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

gareth

#261 Post by gareth »

bobo wrote:What the hell does he say in that weird monologue at the end of "She's Madonna"?
It's not printed with the other lyrics in the booklet - This Used To Be My Playground definitely gets a mention though!
Furious angels will bring you back to me

Tomas

#262 Post by Tomas »

http://www.exposay.com/robbie-williams- ... ck/v/3888/

Old news (?), I know, but I haven't noticed it here?
PeT sHoP bOyS aT dEaD oF nIgHt
http://psb-atdeadofnight.net
Your one-stop source for 350+ PSB lyrics, 80+ PSB MIDIs,
plenty of unique photographs and much more...

BlueSwan

#263 Post by BlueSwan »

This album is borderline commercial suicide. That doesn't mean it's bad - it's easily far better than "Intensive Care". It's just utterly uncommercial and lowbudget sounding and there are no obvious singles in sight outside of "Rudebox", which even got an undeserved poor reception. In short, it sounds like a b-side collection - some off the wall tracks which doesn't really fit in with each other.

Robbie doesn't really need obvious hits though, it's more worrying that several of these tracks will scare off his MOR audience.

I'm afraid that this will be the lowest selling RW album to date. There really aren't any singles other than "Rudebox" on it, and even that got a very poor

On another topic, forget "She''s Madonna" as a single, it's sooo not a single, unless it is remixed. The production sounds like a home studio 90's recording. The song is good though. I hope it is remixed and released.

I really really hope that the album does well and that we'll get more experimental albums from Robbie in the future. I don't really see it happening. Instead, this might prove the end of Robbie's imperial phase, although there's no talk of the dumper at all.

I still defend "Rudebox" as the first single. It was a big gamble, but one that could have turned out well, just like Rock DJ was a gamble. Rudebox could have been a massive 5-week #1 single, but for some reason the public wasn't ready for it. You really never know with those types of catchy and hip, but slightly off-the-wall singles. I put it in the same category as Madonna's "Music" and Kylie's "Slow, and indeed Robbie's own "Rock DJ". When it works, it REALLY works. It at least has to be tried.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

kimphilby

#264 Post by kimphilby »

On another topic, forget "She''s Madonna" as a single, it's sooo not a single, unless it is remixed. The production sounds like a home studio 90's recording. The song is good though. I hope it is remixed and released.
There seems to be some conflicting reports of She's Madonna. In several places I've read "definite #1", but those here who've heard it say "under-produced" and "not single material". Who's reliable at judging hit-potential?
BlueSwan

Rudebox could have been a massive 5-week #1 single
Not Blueswan!

Bulldog

#265 Post by Bulldog »

This should be his "Bilingual".

BlueSwan

#266 Post by BlueSwan »

kimphilby wrote:There seems to be some conflicting reports of She's Madonna. In several places I've read "definite #1", but those here who've heard it say "under-produced" and "not single material". Who's reliable at judging hit-potential?
I am! :dance:
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

kimphilby

#267 Post by kimphilby »

I just heard it. It's brilliant. A big hit.

mantooth

#268 Post by mantooth »

I quite enjoy the bit on "Good Doctor" where he is rattling off all the drugs he wants. Mostly just for the way he says "But not St. John's Wort, cuz I can get that at Booooots!" at the end. :D
Weekly Top Artists Chart

Native

#269 Post by Native »

I love the bit in 'The Actor' where he lists the famous people. Didn't PSB have this idea? D-D-D-D Dame Judi Dench.

Darkmoon

#270 Post by Darkmoon »

BlueSwan wrote:This album is borderline commercial suicide. That doesn't mean it's bad - it's easily far better than "Intensive Care". It's just utterly uncommercial and lowbudget sounding and there are no obvious singles in sight outside of "Rudebox", which even got an undeserved poor reception. In short, it sounds like a b-side collection - some off the wall tracks which doesn't really fit in with each other.

Robbie doesn't really need obvious hits though, it's more worrying that several of these tracks will scare off his MOR audience.

I'm afraid that this will be the lowest selling RW album to date. There really aren't any singles other than "Rudebox" on it, and even that got a very poor

I really really hope that the album does well and that we'll get more experimental albums from Robbie in the future. I don't really see it happening. Instead, this might prove the end of Robbie's imperial phase, although there's no talk of the dumper at all.

I still defend "Rudebox" as the first single. It was a big gamble, but one that could have turned out well, just like Rock DJ was a gamble. Rudebox could have been a massive 5-week #1 single, but for some reason the public wasn't ready for it. You really never know with those types of catchy and hip, but slightly off-the-wall singles. I put it in the same category as Madonna's "Music" and Kylie's "Slow, and indeed Robbie's own "Rock DJ". When it works, it REALLY works. It at least has to be tried.
I totally disagree with everything you wrote. I wouldn't be surprised if this album will be a HUGE succes. It isn't produced as B-sides to my ears. It sounds very spontaneous and you can hear the fun he must've had in the studio. Rudebox is a weak track imo, it's not a very good melody. There's a few singles on here. (edits of...) The actor, She's Madonna, King of Bongo, Viva life on Mars, Kiss me is the obvious single (though a 'tad' cheap). I think it will be a smash. Already enjoying the album more then any other of his'.