Robbie Williams new album info

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Technotrancemix

#181 Post by Technotrancemix »

Yeah sounds like Nigel Martin Smith has filed a lawsuit. Lucky "boy" to bag a CD before the track was removed. I hear there's gonna be a review of Concert in a well-known music mag from said roving reporter as well. Let's hope that CD doesn't get anything removed from it though!

Ghost within this house

#182 Post by Ghost within this house »

I wonder if there'll be any bonus tracks (Ring Road etc...) on the 'Concert' CD??

Would be nice 8)
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Tom Angel

#183 Post by Tom Angel »

I doubt it very much, and they wouldn't 'look' right. I've always seen the boys as liking how things 'look'. Although it doesn't explain all this DVD on singles release nonsense.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

mantooth

#184 Post by mantooth »

The review in the new Gay Times says "She's Madonna" is the best thing either Robbie or PSB have done for years.

Can't wait to hear it.
Weekly Top Artists Chart

Noah

#185 Post by Noah »

Gay Times doctored the review I understand. This is how it was originally written (I was sent it by the author............)

So Robbie’s gay after all then. Well one would certainly be forgiven for thinking so, if his latest “experimental” “dance” opus is anything to go by.

May I present the evidence, m'lord?

1. The much-maligned Rudebox with it’s constant references to dirty bumsex including, shock, horror, the Robster himself on the receiving end. “So sick I just had to take it”? Well no one's forcing you.

2. Next single the insanely catchy Lovelight, with its pitch-perfect falsetto disco does the unthinkable and manages to out-camp the Scissor Sisters. No mean feat.

3. Lyrically the alluring electro-ballad Burslem Normals is a bitter Morrissey-inspired barb against Burberry bling chav culture though the music is pure ABBAesque Erasure only with a more expensive synthesizer.

4. And speaking of synth duos, he then ropes in his and our favourite double act Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe on two of the most accessible tracks here: We’re The Pet Shop Boys is a hard-edged cover of a cover where the narrator wistfully reflects back to a time in the 80s when he and his lover thought of themselves as the Pet Shop *Boys*.

5. And if that wasn't enough, PSB crop up again on She’s Madonna, a gloriously Motowneque sweeping synth anthem that manages to plagarise many of the pop duos past hits with a ridiculously rampant Robbie vocal. A future No.1 if ever I heard one and possibly the best thing Robbie or the Pets have put their name to for, like aeons. So ignore my tittle-tattle on which way Robbie is well swung, because, on the face of it, the song seems to provide ‘proof’ of Robbie’s heterosexuality. With a chorus of “I love you baby, but face it, she’s Madonna/No man on earth could say he don’t want her.” But hang on, surely even someone as buffeted from the real world as him would know that the 48-year old Madge vadge is about as appealing to the straight male population as rice pudding? Ah, she's one of those 'gay icon' type thingies, yes? I get it now.

Elsewhere there’s an intriguing ragbag of ideas, from solid covers of 80s pop faves Louise and Kiss Me (Human League and current writing foil Stephen ‘TinTin’ Duffy respectively), Hunky Dory-era Bowie tributes (Viva Life On Mars and The Actor) and a Streets-lite two-part autobiographical suite The 80s and The 90s, where lyrics such as “Ah it’s nice that you’ve got a mansion/While I’m treated like the drummer from Hanson” prove that the ex-boybander’s Post Take That Member Trauma is still as evident and as brilliantly twisted as ever. Strange fascination indeed.

space boy 1 uk

#186 Post by space boy 1 uk »

OOOH THIS ALBUM SOUND VERY CAMP!! I'M BEGINNING TO THINK ALL THOSE VISITS TO HEAVEN ROBBIE'S MADE WITH NEIL WERE NOT SO INNOCENT!!!

mantooth

#187 Post by mantooth »

The edited text about "She's Madonna" as it appeared in Gay Times. Intereresting how they changed it, hey?
PSB crop up again on She's Madonna, a gloriously Motown-esque synth anthem that nods to many of the duo's past hits - it's possibly the best thing either Robbie or the Pets have put their name to for aeons, though lyrically it reminds us that Robbie is at heart an uber-straight man; "I love you baby, but face it, she's Madonna/ No man on earth could say he doesn't want her".
Weekly Top Artists Chart

space boy 1 uk

#188 Post by space boy 1 uk »

Well, let's face it, She's Madonna is the most newsworthy and anticipated track on the album. One that almost EVERYONE wants out as a single. But the thing that struck me when I first listened to it was it was not a typical uptempo disco stomper that the PSB's have had many of their biggest hits with (think It's A Sin, Always On My Mind, Go West).

It's remiscent of some of the more mid-tempo moments from the PSB hit machine like their version of Where The Streets Have No Name-I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You (the chorus of which also starts with "I love you baby"), Rent or Can You Forgive Her.

The chorus, which robbie really sings his heart out in, at times going quite high on the "I love you baby" bit really does stick in your brain after a couple of listens, and my first thought was "Oh God, I'm absolutely loving this." The production is a fantastically glossy widescreen affair we've come to expect from the seminal synth duo.

It's quite London-centric with a funny line about "You got the Tube, but she's got her groove on." And the intro and outro are actually Neil Tennant's voice: "Ooh Madonna (all over) three times at the start, and ending (with a background mass of Robbie impersonating dozens of Italian news reporters way down in the mix) with Neil speaking the words "I want to tell you a secret" (the title of M's recent DVD).Even my sister gets named in an alcoholic reference LOL. And I can't stress enough how wonderful this track is.

mantooth

#189 Post by mantooth »

I see you've found the Caps Lock key? ;)
Weekly Top Artists Chart

Ghost within this house

#190 Post by Ghost within this house »

AND YOUR INNER ENGLISH-SPEAKER, GREAT!
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

space boy 1 uk

#191 Post by space boy 1 uk »

OK OK DEARS I ADMIT IT THIS CAME FROM THE RIGHT HAND OF A BIGGER MAN THAN YOU OR I. AND BELIEVE ME I MEAN BIG LOL!!!!! BUT MY ENGLISH IS NORMALLY OK NO?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I Got the link for she's Madonna download somwhere

dVTB

#192 Post by dVTB »

There's indeed a lot of speculation about She's Madonna being brilliant and being a guaranteed #1-single. Yet I wonder if it's going to be a single release. Robbie's label might find it too controversial to be a single...

The official explanation by EMI not to release "London" as a single, was that it featured the line "let's break the law". If a single release can be cancelled for such a innocent lyrics, I don't see why a She's Madonna single can't be cancelled.

space boy 1 uk

#193 Post by space boy 1 uk »

SHE’S MADONNA

Oh, Madonna, Madonna

I don't miss you
just who
you used to be
and you don't ring true
so please
stop calling me
Your "I love you"'s
are ten a penny
You're dropping clues
like you've got any
You got to choose
There's been so many ohhhh

I love you baby
but face it she's Madonna
No man on earth
could say that he don't want her
This look of love
says I'm leaving
you're frozen now
I've done the freezing
I'm walking out
Madonna's calling me

She's got to be
obscene to be believed
That's her routine
Not what she means to me
I found myself
by circumstance
across a room
where people dance
And quite by chance
she' danced right next me

I love you baby
No man on earth
would say that he don't want her
It's me not you
I've got to move on
You're younger too
but she's got her groove on
I'm sorry love
Madonna's calling me

Oh, Madonna, Madonna

I want to tell you a secret

We're having drinks
with Kate and Stella
Gwyneth's here
she's brought her fella
But all I wanna do
is take Madonna home

I love you baby
No man on earth
would say that he don't want her
It's me not you
I've got to move on
You're younger too
but she's got her groove on
I'm sorry love
Madonna's calling me

space boy 1 uk

#194 Post by space boy 1 uk »

OOOOHHH GUYS WE ALREADY HAVE THE ROBBIE NEWALBUM THREAD HERE WITH NEW REVIEWS OF SHE'S MADONNA:

Eldritch

#195 Post by Eldritch »

space boy 1 uk wrote:OOOOHHH GUYS WE ALREADY HAVE THE ROBBIE NEWALBUM THREAD HERE WITH NEW REVIEWS OF SHE'S MADONNA:
Could you be more annoying and illiterate if you tried to be?
Click click drone