They've done it: official page after a first re-design

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
dub mix

#106 Post by dub mix » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 1:35 pm

Can anyone give me information how to contact the designers of the new site?
I am visually handicapped. And it is almost impossible for me to read the new site. It's not possible to enlarge the text. The text doesn't fit the window, text on the right is missing.
Why does it always have to look cool? I think the accessibility is much more important.
Bill's site was much better.
For people with a bad eyesight the new site is a very, very bad accessible website.

Linda

DavidG

#107 Post by DavidG » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 1:44 pm

It still has to be adjusted, but it's far better than the old one. I like it!
The boys have cut their hair short to look cool...

raggatwin

#108 Post by raggatwin » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 1:58 pm

dub mix wrote:Can anyone give me information how to contact the designers of the new site?
I am visually handicapped. And it is almost impossible for me to read the new site. It's not possible to enlarge the text. The text doesn't fit the window, text on the right is missing.
Why does it always have to look cool? I think the accessibility is much more important.
For people with a bad eyesight the new site is a very, very bad accessible website.

Linda
If you right click, zoom you can maked the text bigger and can see the whole screen. But, agreed, it is a bit cumbersome.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Nickname

#109 Post by Nickname » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:05 pm

It's imposible to see what happened in 1954 if you go to the "PSB history" section of the website (afortunately, I know is the Neil's born).

Suburban_Boy

#110 Post by Suburban_Boy » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:10 pm

'Finally' got in to see the new site. It looks ok, but I'm surprised how many issues there are with it. You would think a lot of these would have been ironed out prior to the site going live. It's died a death for me again, so I can't check, but it might have been useful (if it's not already there) to have a feedback option for the first few weeks, so that we can report errors/issues etc. Of course, we'll visit the site frequently regardless of these issues, but if they aren't resolved quickly, some may be put off visiting again.

Lee

Janet Street-Porter

#111 Post by Janet Street-Porter » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:11 pm

nickname wrote:It's imposible to see what happened in 1954 if you go to the "PSB history" section of the website (afortunately, I know is the Neil's born).
I can't see 1856 either, when Neil's great-grandfather goosed a scullery maid.

elena

#112 Post by elena » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:25 pm

I agree, the font is very small, I don`t like new design cos it`s slow and it`s hard to navigate. Let`s write to the designers, we are the people who`s going to visit it, so it should be good for us :(

psb@airside.co.uk
Last edited by elena on Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just as simple as that

gomorrah

#113 Post by gomorrah » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:25 pm

well, they're CLEARLY NOT READY.

what I don't understand is -- if this is a professional outfit, why did they choose to go live when they aren't ready?

EDIT: I'm hoping somebody from airside is skulking around here. hello?!!! fix the damn thing, people! ;) :P
Last edited by gomorrah on Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wooooooooooooooood if I cooooooood...

gomorrah

#114 Post by gomorrah » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:26 pm

Janet Street-Porter wrote:
nickname wrote:It's imposible to see what happened in 1954 if you go to the "PSB history" section of the website (afortunately, I know is the Neil's born).
I can't see 1856 either, when Neil's great-grandfather goosed a scullery maid.
:lol:

frightwig

#115 Post by frightwig » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:33 pm

The new design... :down: :down:

White!? ffs.. how crap.. boring infact and not to mention predictable (in style), very dated looking IMHO..ugly actually.. i dont like it at all - i expect for the money psb payed for this website they could have got something ALOT better

jamie1978

#116 Post by jamie1978 » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:45 pm

dub mix wrote:Can anyone give me information how to contact the designers of the new site?

Linda
Dont be silly.

Visually impaired PC users can use the accessability options in Windows or there are a number of third party downloads available. As over 90% of users wont be visually handicapped, I'd rather not have to stare at size 72 fonts to please the blind, thank you. Perhaps they should release their singles in braille too to help those fumbling around HMV and accidentally buying Kiss albums.

The site is perfect - a little on the minimal side, but thats kind of appropriate really.

(edited for terrible grammar)

gomorrah

#117 Post by gomorrah » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:49 pm

jamie1978 wrote:

Linda
Dont be silly.

Visually impaired PC users can use the accessability options in Windows or there are a number of third party downloads available. As over 90% of users wont be visually handicapped, I'd rather not have to stare at size 72 fonts to please the blind, thank you. Perhaps they should release their singles in braille too to help those fumbling around HMV and accidentally buying Kiss albums.

The site is perfect - a little on the minimal side, but thats kind of appropriate really.

(edited for terrible grammar)
and you're a bit of a jerk, aren'tcha? ;)

the site is NOT perfect. if you think it is, start saving for cataract surgery. ;)

jamie1978

#118 Post by jamie1978 » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:54 pm

Well I'm viewing it on a 20" LCD monitor in 1600x1200. Its fine.

gomorrah

#119 Post by gomorrah » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:56 pm

jamie1978 wrote:Well I'm viewing it on a 20" LCD monitor in 1600x1200. Its fine.
exactly!

whatever. :roll:

jamie1978

#120 Post by jamie1978 » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 2:59 pm

The text looks smaller in a higher resolution ;)