Robert Smith from The Cure isn't a Neil Tennant fan

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Syncratic

#16 Post by Syncratic »

mole973102 wrote:
Syncratic wrote:[snip!] Robert Smith is nothing more than a pretend shoegazer with fake existential angst. He's read Kafka and taken it all too seriously, the bits that he can understand. I liked 'A Forest' though. ALways makes me giggle.
Is this your quote or Neil's?
It's mine of course unless Neil has made a similar observation I'm not aware of, which wouldn't be too difficult considering Robert Smith would effortlessly and obviously fall into this category.

I prefer the orginal of A forest. Blank and Jones added all that derivative trance stuff.

ceejay

#17 Post by ceejay »

How dare Robert Smith say that about our Neil, I hate him he`s sad and old and needs to take a look at himself in the mirror then try combing his hair and washing his face from time to time before he slates anyone.
Cat...

And there you are...

retrofuturist

#18 Post by retrofuturist »

It's just someone's opinion - I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Undertaker

#19 Post by Undertaker »

ceejay wrote:How dare Robert Smith say that about our Neil, I hate him he`s sad and old and needs to take a look at himself in the mirror then try combing his hair and washing his face from time to time before he slates anyone.
Go girl!

Dave

profile790

#20 Post by profile790 »

Robert Smith, isn't he that singer who's still stuck in the 80s, with his pathetic lipstick look? Such a person insulting PSB is actually a compliment.

psb-freak

#21 Post by psb-freak »

One more reason to hate The Cure... I´ve never liked them anyway. My friend likes them. So I just wrote her a message.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

SilentRose

#22 Post by SilentRose »

"I hate Robert Smith even more, though," snorts Neil Tennant "Just look at him, a sad old retired makeup artist standing there being oh-so-mopey and depressed. He's so perfectly talentless he can't even dare to sing in tune!"

:twisted:

VinnyM27

#23 Post by VinnyM27 »

SilentRose wrote:"I hate Robert Smith even more, though," snorts Neil Tennant "Just look at him, a sad old retired makeup artist standing there being oh-so-mopey and depressed. He's so perfectly talentless he can't even dare to sing in tune!"

:twisted:
Oh Neil! Come on!

I'm a big fan of both...My sister was one of those chicks that was kind of alternative and loved the Cure when all the other kids were into New Kids and Boyz To Men. I've definately been a Cure fan longer but I'm sure I listen to PSB more. And unlike the Cure, I have all of PSB albums (all the "Remastered" sets and "Nightlife" is the only album I don't have some kind of special edition of....I mostly only have The Cure's singles collections but also their two newer albums, which honestly didn't impress me very much (but I loved their last single). Don't make me chose! Just get along!

markrobertnolan

Re: Robert Smith from The Cure isn't a Neil Tennant fan

#24 Post by markrobertnolan »

Of course, there is no jealousy like a 30 year grudge. From a man who’s read Some Kafkha, misinterpreted ALL of it and has taken it far too seriously, As well as being the exact double of Elizabeth Emmanuel (but without the taste) then that’s something. :eh:

Dog

#25 Post by Dog »

markrobertnolan wrote:Of course, there is no jealousy like a 30 year grudge. From a man who’s read Some Kafkha, misinterpreted ALL of it and has taken it far too seriously, As well as being the exact double of Elizabeth Emmanuel (but without the taste) then that’s something. :eh:
To be fair, you have just exhumed a 14-year-old thread.
Woof.

jasonjohn

#26 Post by jasonjohn »

Pretty sure his bitterness comes from being trapped in that shell

They've had some great songs though.

PSBForTheMasses

#27 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Dog wrote: Sat 21 Nov 2020, 2:01 am
markrobertnolan wrote:Of course, there is no jealousy like a 30 year grudge. From a man who’s read Some Kafkha, misinterpreted ALL of it and has taken it far too seriously, As well as being the exact double of Elizabeth Emmanuel (but without the taste) then that’s something. :eh:
To be fair, you have just exhumed a 14-year-old thread.
The forum is very stagnant (is that the right word?). Maybe exhuming worthy ones would be a nice idea :)

PSBForTheMasses

#28 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

jasonjohn wrote: Sat 21 Nov 2020, 1:14 pm Image

To be fair, I appreciate how successfully Neil and Chirs managed to look after themselves after seeing such horrible images.

PSBForTheMasses

#29 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Sat 21 Nov 2020, 2:42 pm
jasonjohn wrote: Sat 21 Nov 2020, 1:14 pm Image

To be fair, I appreciate how successfully Neil and Chris managed to look after themselves after seeing such horrible images.