Fundamental postphoned to May!

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Ghost within this house

#16 Post by Ghost within this house » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 8:44 pm

One of the crowd wrote:From the archived section of the official site..

"Results" reissue
1 October 2004
Sony/Epic have informed us that, due to an artwork problem, the reissue of Liza Minnelli's "Results" album, produced by Pet Shop Boys, has been put back to January 2005.
It's like a politician saying he's retiring 'to spend more time with his family'...
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

glennjridge

#17 Post by glennjridge » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 8:53 pm

:lol:

Janet Street-Porter

#18 Post by Janet Street-Porter » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 8:55 pm

I heard that the Muslims objected to the cover.

glennjridge

#19 Post by glennjridge » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 9:16 pm

:lol: you know given the title of the CD you just never know. it would be funny if the PSB thought fundamental might be percieved as cashing in on all the violent nonsense thats going on now.

PopArt

#20 Post by PopArt » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 9:16 pm

That has really irritated me- it's always like this. I thought something was up as there has been so little news.

The real problem that they have is that the media will think of Fundamental as being "old news" by late May. Maybe Q, NME and PopJustice are raving about it now but by late May they will have moved on to the next thing.

PSB/ EMI (or whoever is responsible for this debacle) have a real ability of shooting themselves in the foot.

It makes me SO angry!!!!
I'm always waiting...

One of the crowd

#21 Post by One of the crowd » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 9:21 pm

PopArt wrote: PSB/ EMI (or whoever is responsible for this debacle) have a real ability of shooting themselves in the foot.

It makes me SO angry!!!!
Its probably Neil fart arsing about with one of the photos hes not happy with
Fishing

Nickname

Re: Fundamental postphoned to May!

#22 Post by Nickname » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 9:27 pm

TheGardner wrote:...no joke! Just thought today, it's was time to bother EMI Germany the first time about 'Fundamental' and 'Minimal' promos for a possible competition on my page, and got the following info:

- Fundamental can't be released in April and is postphoned in mid-May (or maybe end of May)
- Minimal also will not come out already in March. A new possible release date is setup for mid-April.

They don't give me any details, why all is postphoned, but I heard through the grapewine there are problems with the artwork. Not sure though if this is true fact.

So thats the reason, why it is so damn quiet at the time.... Assume we have to wait a bit more!
I don't know why but I think there is a possibility of some changes in the tracklisting. The official site hasn't confirmed that the list they have put on the net will be de definitive one. It's another possibility for a delay.

ultraplus

#23 Post by ultraplus » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 9:39 pm

[quote=

'Did you ever feel Delayed by something in your life?
Did you ever give a release-date and have it changed,
For the sake of cheap sh*t artwork, I now experience,
Being Delayed by you'[/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one
"P.A.S.S.I.O.N. --She's ready for his passion!"

Hmmm

#24 Post by Hmmm » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 9:51 pm

nickname wrote:
TheGardner wrote:...no joke! Just thought today, it's was time to bother EMI Germany the first time about 'Fundamental' and 'Minimal' promos for a possible competition on my page, and got the following info:

- Fundamental can't be released in April and is postphoned in mid-May (or maybe end of May)
- Minimal also will not come out already in March. A new possible release date is setup for mid-April.

They don't give me any details, why all is postphoned, but I heard through the grapewine there are problems with the artwork. Not sure though if this is true fact.

So thats the reason, why it is so damn quiet at the time.... Assume we have to wait a bit more!
I don't know why but I think there is a possibility of some changes in the tracklisting. The official site hasn't confirmed that the list they have put on the net will be de definitive one. It's another possibility for a delay.
If there is a problem with the title just call it "MINIMAL" which is about right for the Pet Shop Boys out put..and as most people did not like the Psychological instrumental version it could have been dropped plus some of the weaker songs.
Last edited by Hmmm on Tue 07 Feb 2006, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

One of the crowd

#25 Post by One of the crowd » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 10:00 pm

nickname wrote: I don't know why but I think there is a possibility of some changes in the tracklisting. The official site hasn't confirmed that the list they have put on the net will be de definitive one. It's another possibility for a delay.
If you ACTUALLY read the text from the official site...

"Fundamental news - 22 December '05
The current running order of "Fundamental", Pet Shop Boys' forthcoming album, looks like this at the moment (but they are still experimenting with it):"

It quite clearly states "CURRENT RUNNING ORDER"

Previous news from the site also CONFIRMS...

Pet Shop Boys have just completed their new album in a West London studio.

The album has been produced by Trevor Horn and features 10 new Tennant/Lowe songs and "Numb"

So please cut out the bullshit you continue to type
Fishing

weirdalfan1980

#26 Post by weirdalfan1980 » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 10:01 pm

I can sense the name of Minimal tracks and cd cover

1. Single mix
2. B-side
3. (Maximal delay mix) *

* You have to wait 20 minutes into the track of hearing nothing before you get to the mix. And yes this CD leaks.
Yo, Mr. Dopeman, you think your slick;
Ya sold crack to my sister, and now she's sick.
But if she happens to die, because of your drug;
Im puttin' in your culo, a .38 slug!

Joemoz

#27 Post by Joemoz » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 10:07 pm

How utterly ridiculous. They will have only themselves to blame when everyone has downloaded the album months in advance and the buzz has died out when they decide to officially release it.

This sort of thing, having to wait 6 months after album completion, is a good reason why it will be great to get rid of record companies and why it's their own fault that people download the album in advance.
It was a cough that carried him off. It was a coffin they carried him off in.

Betty

#28 Post by Betty » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 10:15 pm

Not really the sort of news I like to hear.

Undertaker

#29 Post by Undertaker » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 10:18 pm

This, of course, could be bullshit just to stop everyones inpatience. At the end of the day, EMI are very good with making basic errors with releases. Disco 3 glitch, the wrong Heart on PopArt, the errors on the PopArt DVD, the mistakes with the Results re-issue. Potemkin was delayed.

Neil and Chris have changed their mins before with some tracks, so maybe they took a dislike to one particular track and preferred another. It's happened on more than one occasion.

Whatever is going on doesn't bother me. May isn't exactly too far away.Obviously PSB want everything to be spot on, nothing wrong with that.

Dave

Pani

#30 Post by Pani » Mon 06 Feb 2006, 10:25 pm

Undertaker wrote:Disco 3 glitch, the wrong Heart on PopArt, the errors on the PopArt DVD, the mistakes with the Results re-issue. Potemkin was delayed.
Oh yes, thanx for reminding.
Sounds promising ... Image